Chapter 22

*

A bright light filled the car, and he squinted when he looked in his mirrors, noticing that it was headlights.

His eyes widened when he saw who the driver was and he cursed underneath his breath, "Shit."

*

She turned to look over at Cain and she studied his frightened eyes, "What's wrong?" She asked in concern and turned in her seat.

Cain stopped her, grabbing her arm painfully while pinning her in her seat, "Don't look."

Questions flooded her mind. What's wrong? Why can't she look? Why was it so bright in the car?

The light suddenly disappeared, leaving them in the dark. An engine roared and she jumped in her seat, "What's happening, Cain?"

"Don't worry," He shouted over the roar. Her body shook with fright at not knowing. Anything could be out there; but why was it following them?

She reached over and grabbed Cain's hand, in which, he shrugged off. Hurt feelings washed over her and she cowered away in her seat, wrapping her arms around her body. Strands of hair fell on her cheeks as she stared out into the endless dark. Tears fell from her cheeks and onto her arms and she refused to wipe them away.

The trees breezed by and she noticed the increasing speed of the car. Her breaths came out in gasps and she looked over at Cain, "Slow down!"

A black SUV rode up beside them, rolling the window down. She gasped as she saw Ms. Smoger and a man dressed in all black. She squinted, trying to look more closely and saw the whites of his eyes.

He lifted up a black object, something that was unknown to her, at least, in the dark. Her breathing stopped; it was a gun. Everything seem to stop, Cain unbuckled her seat belt, her body was frozen.

Her screams filled the air when the gun shot went off. The drivers door was opened and she felt her body being pulled before her vision faded away into darkness.

*

Cain's Pov

We landed with a thump, our bodies thrown in a ditch. He hissed in pain as his should dislocated. He looked around and saw his car coming to a stop on the side of the road. The black SUV was no where to be seen.

He sniffed, and his eyes widened when the scent of blood filled the air. He looked down at himself and saw no injuries.

His breathing stopped and he hesitantly looked down at his Ivy. Her shirt was covered in a dark red, blood streaming down her arm.

He growled as he hauled her in his arms, taking off toward the car.

"Shit, Ivy." He cursed as he laid her in the backseat. The light above them showed him the damage. He removed her shirt and rolled it around the bullet wound, potentially stopping the blood.

"I'm supposed to protect you," He sobbed and he laid her in a more comfortable position before closing the door and hoping in the drivers seat.

The tires screeched as he stepped on the gas, speeding down the road. The only people who could help him was where he was headed.

A few hours away if he didn't hurry.

-------------------------

Yes yes, I know it's short. Looks like none of you liked the 3rd person, I didn't think it was bad but I won't do it again.

I'm so sorry for the Long wait, I've been super busy. Looks like I have no friends, yay. :/

Anyway, the contest is still on so send me some covers!

Please vote and comment.

Love y'all .