Chapter 24

Ivy's POV

*************

A moan escaped my lips as I looked around at my surrondings. As I searched my brain, I vaguely remember what had happened.

Ms. Smoger, a gun, the oblivion that I had escaped to.

It had all happened quickly, my screams and the pain the pierced the side of my arm. But the pain had soon left and was replaced with peacefulness and the oblivion.

I felt numb, emotionally and physically. When were we going to be left alone? Why is Ms. Smoger going through so much trouble to get me back?

I had dreams of Caleb, nightmares mostly, of him being taken away. Oh how I miss him. He felt like he belonged to me. He was my responsibility, and I loved him like a child.

I was unaware of the action and movement that erupted once that sound came out of my mouth. Nurses were around me, wiping my cheek with tissues. Was I crying? Maybe I was. But I had every right to cry since I had so much taken away from me.

Where was Cain? Did he leave as well?

"Cain," I cry, my voice sounding hoarse. My body trembled and shook violently as I remember Caleb and Cain. They were so welcoming and caring, the only two people that I really cared for.

My cries became louder and the nurses looked down at me with surprise. I was finally letting it go, all the pain that I had experienced.

"Why is she crying?" A growl came through the door and my heart leaped.

The door sprung open and before I knew it, strong and warm arms wrapped around my shaking body. I cried into his neck whole grabbing a fistful of his shirt.

"Caleb," I cry and I gripped into Cain tighter, listening to his soft and soothing words.

"He's fine, Ivy." He whispered and I nodded. I knew he was fine but I was selfish and wanted him here for myself.

"I know," I whisper and Cain lays me back down. His eyes runs down to my arm and I look down, just noticing before pain exploded. I winced and hiss as I grab onto my arm.

"Did you forget that that was there?" Cain smirked but his eyes were far away.

"No, I didn't." I grunted as the nurses pulled back the gauze to check the wound.

"No moving." The nurses said with a strong foreign accent. I nodded and I closed my eyes.

I felt a soft and feathery touch against my forehead before I fell back into the oblivion.

-

"Are you going to tell her soon?" A man whispered and my head rolled to the side.

"When she's healed." Cain whispered which made my eyebrows furrow. When I'm healed? What are they going to tell me? Who is the man?

I grunted and the door opened immediately, Cain's worried eyes ran over me and eventually fell on my face.

"You heard," Cain whispered and a mans face popped up above Cain's shoulder.

I nodded and observed the mans face, "Who are you?"

*************************************

Good?

I'm sorry about not updating! School is killing me 🔫 and I'm going through some stuff.

Vote and comment! Does anyone like the new cover?

Ivy is on the side! I thought it matched her perfectly.

Sorry for taking so long.