Chapter 12

Audrey's POV

I was in the kitchen and I was sipping on my juice reading my book.

"Aubrey, my sweet little one," a voice said and I spun around to him.

"Damien," I breathed, he was older but still looked young for his age.

"Ooh, that hurt," he said. "I'm your grandpa."

"You're the boss," I said.

"I only wanted to make you powerful, little one," he said taking a step closer but I stayed steady.

"You done things that I can't forgive," I said. "I'm not any stronger."

"You know who Braxton Collins is," he said. "I taught you who he was."

"He's helping me," I said.

"He's running you into the ground Aubrey," he said and came to me. "He knows you can have so much more power than him."

"But I don't," I said. "He's stronger and more scary."

"Are you scared of him?" He asked.

"No," I said. "But he's bigger-"

"Aubrey," he said, I looked away.

"Why'd you hurt his mom?" I asked.

"She wanted to hurt you Aubrey," he said and touched my face. "I couldn't let that happen."

"So, what do I do?" I asked and looked at him.

"Braxton is reeling you in, he has you wrapped already," he said. "That kiss done damage to you."

"What kiss?" I asked.

"Aubrey, what do I say about lying?"

"Lies are lie, no matter the reason behind it," I said. "He's charming."

"I know little one," he said and kissed my head. "You have to beat Braxton at his own game."

"How?" I asked.

"Kill him before he kills you," he said, I looked in his green eyes. "You can't let anyone know I was here."

"Mr. Jace will be mad," I said.

"You'd rather have him mad than me," he said. "You don't want to upset me." I looked away and closed my eyes, when I looked back he was gone.

~*~

Braxton's POV

I got out of my car and my phone buzzed.

"What's up?" I answered.

"Hey, what're you doing tonight?" Aubrey asked.

"Business," I said.

"Well can you come over afterwards?" She asked. "Dad had to go on business and I don't wanna be alone in the storm."

"Alright," I said and hung up, I walked inside the warehouse and looked around.

"I wondered what you would grow into," a voice said and I turned around.

"You haven't grown at all," I said. "Hey Damien."

"Braxton Collins," he said. "Son of the asshole Derek Collins and the beautiful woman Lily Collins."

"Yeah, till the boss threw a tantrum," I said. "You would've done so much more for me killing Derek than my mother."