Chapter 19

Braxton's POV

Parties were my favorite thing to do on a Saturday night, meet a girl and hook up. Get drunk and just have fun, no worries.

"So, what'd coach say about your stitches?" Trent asked.

"I can't play until I get them out," I said. "Which is two weeks."

"But homecoming," Hudson said.

"I'm gonna play whether coach likes it or not," I said. "There's no way I'm letting Justice Hill beat us."

"Got that right," Talon said. "Ever since Jake Monroe graduated, they haven't been that good."

"I actually heard that he's coaching them for now," Hudson said and I choked on my drink.

"What?" I asked. "So he'll be at the game?"

"Yeah, him and that Justice guy," Hudson answered and I shook my head. I suddenly saw Aubrey coming through. She was wearing some jeans that really complimented her butt and a half shirt.

She looked at Talon and walked to him and she grabbed his shirt pulling him to her. She kissed him and I looked at Brady whose mouth was gaped. I smirked and looked back at the two, Talon's hands stayed on her waist and I was screaming in my mind 'grab her butt'. He never did but they pulled apart.  

"Damn you're a good kisser," she said.

"Aubrey," Brady snapped and she looked at him. "What's wrong with you?"

"Payback is a bitch, isn't it?" She snapped. "You think I wouldn't find out if you slept with another girl. Oh and you need new tires." I may have been at war with Aubrey but I wanted to high five her. She walked off and Talon looked at me.

"In your face," he said and I smiled.

"Good job, you're a rebound," I said and he glared at me.

~*~

I was reading over my homework while everyone else was talking, the teacher was heading our tests.

"Aubrey," he called and I looked up as Aubrey got up, she walked up to the front. He laid her test out and her eyes widened.

"A 53, no way," she said.

"You've been failing this class," he said.

"Extra credit or something because my dad will kill me," she said. "That's not being exaggerated."

"How about a tutor?" He asked. "Braxton."

"No," she said.

"Yes Mr. Lahey?" I answered walking up and looked at her test. "Damn Aubrey, you're dead."

"My academics are none of Collins business," she said flipping her test over.

"Braxton got a 102," Lahey said. "He's got the highest grade in here. Just get help from him."

"Can't we just push past trying to kill each other so you can actually pass?" I asked and she glared at me. "Or we can put knives to each other's backs and see who will betray one first. Oh wait, you already stabbed me in the back."

"I didn't stab you in the back, I treated you like you treated me," she said.

"News flash I treat everyone like that," I snapped.