Chapter 15

Aubrey's POV

"Aubrey, focus," Braxton said. "Don't step into the hit." Training with Braxton was ok but he was too impatient at times.

"Why are we here and not in the meeting?" I asked.

"Because the meeting is about Damien and the boss," he said. "You would've only gotten mad." He swung but I threw my arm up hitting his arm, I kicked him but he grabbed my ankle. He dropped it. "Wrong move."

"Maybe teach her the right moves," someone said and I looked at guy.

"Until your balls drop, you don't talk to me," Braxton said.

"I'm older than you," he said.

"You should get that checked out then," Braxton said. "Why are you even down here Jacobs? Shouldn't you be in the meeting?"

"They're deciding what to do right now," he said as he walked closer. "With Damien interested in Parker, they wanna make sure everyone is loyal."

"What? They think Aubrey would help the boss?" Braxton asked.

"Well, she never told anybody about her meeting or what Damien was doing," he said.

"Damien is more threatening than anyone in the mafia," I said and he looked at me.

"Yes, we're fully aware," he said. "And Aubrey, that form was awful." I hit his leg with the stick and he howled in pain.

"No one insults me, definitely not someone below me," I said and he looked at me with anger and he stood up. He grabbed the stick and flipped me, he pressed it against my throat.

"You don't deserve the power you got Parker," he gritted through his teeth. "You can't even defend yourself." I clenched my jaw and I pushed the stick, I grabbed the stick and threw it. I punched him and slammed him on the floor, I grabbed my knife from my boot and put it to his throat.

"If you ever talk to me like that again, I will slit your throat," I gritted through my teeth, I got off him and he got up.

"Parker," Braxton said and I looked at him. "You weren't suppose to do that."

"And yet, I don't care," I snapped and walked out.

~

"Aubrey," dad called as we walked through the house. "Aubrey Lee, if you don't fucking answer me." I stopped and turned to him.

"What Jace?" I snapped.

"You better check who you're talking to young lady," he snapped.

"I'm talking to you," I shot back. "It was self defense, he should've shut his mouth."

"You put a knife to his throat," he said.

"What? I can't do that because I'm a girl?" I spat. "Don't be jealous just because I got more power than you." I walked to the kitchen.

"What possibly makes you think that Aubrey?" He asked. "Because last time I checked, I'm your dad."

"Yes, I was blessed with a mafia father," I said. "Because I dreamed of a life where people wanted to kill me."

"Aubrey, that smart mouth is about to get you in trouble," he said through his teeth.

"What're you going to do?" I challenged as I sized up to him. "You're only mad because Damien loved me more than you." He was quick as he pinned me against the wall and his hand gripped my throat.

"I'm sick and tired of you thinking you can talk to me anyway you want," he snapped as his grip tighter, I squeaked. "This is the fucking mafia Aubrey, it's not a fucking tea party." I was getting where I couldn't breathe and my arms drooped. Suddenly air came to me and I dropped on the floor, I was gasping and coughing trying to breathe.