Chapter 29

Aubrey's POV

"You've completely lost your marbles," I exclaimed.

"Ok, well if you don't drive right, we're going to lose our lives," Talon said from the back seat.

"Braxton, my dad wouldn't yell at me for throwing a party," I started. "He'd murder me. I mean, remember the surprise party."

"Look, him and Mason are both going out of town for business," he said. "Come on, it'll be fun." I pulled into the mall and parked, I looked at him.

"So, if I die, that's fun?" I asked.

"Well, it's a benefit for me," he said and I punched his arm as he laughed. We got out and Talon let me by first, which ended in him smacking my butt.

"Talon," I gasped as I spun around. "What the hell?" All he did was smirk.

"Yes, that's my boy," Braxton said and reached over to give him a high-five. I wrinkled my face in disgust.

"Boys," I mumbled and walked off.

They soon caught up to me and we were searching for things for the party.

"Look, just order boxes of pizza," Braxton said. "Get some sodas and cups."

"I'm sorry I don't know what to get," I shot back. "It's not like I've never thrown a party before."

"Thought we discussed that the smart mouth isn't needed," he said. "Because I can be like a mom and pop that pretty mouth of yours."

"Yeah, dads do that too," I said. "Oh wait, you wouldn't know, Derek only punched you." Braxton stopped then and Talon and I both stopped.

"Repeat that," Braxton said through his teeth.

"Braxton, you make mom jokes, leave it alone," Talon said.

"Shut the hell up, Talon," Braxton snapped and looked back at me. "Say it again."

"I said, you wouldn't know, Derek only punched you," I said and his eyes narrowed.

"Ok," he said and walked ahead of us. We sped up to catch up with him. The rest of our time was silent, Talon and Braxton made a couple comments. Some girls giggled as they passed Braxton and he'd wink at them.

We got back to the car and put the stuff in my trunk, I closed it and got in the car where Talon and Braxton already were. Braxton had his knife in his hand and was playing with it.

"You really think this is a game," he chuckled and looked at me. "Oh, don't be scared now."

"Put it away," I said and he smirked.

"I want you to say, I'm sorry," he said.

"You're sorry," I said and he chuckled.

"You're funny," he said. "You got jokes." In a quick moment he stabbed the knife into my seat between my thighs. I jumped and gasped. "Don't you ever think I wouldn't stab your thigh in a blink of an eye." He pulled it out and he put it away. "I'm hungry, anyone else?"

~*~

I laid the pizza boxes out and set up the drinks. Since it was a New Year's Eve party, I had some of that stuff around. I tried to move anything expensive out of sight, which was pretty much everything we owned.

"Here's the cups and plates," Braxton said coming in.

Him and I haven't really talked since what happened in the car. I really didn't want to.

"It's almost a new year," Talon said bouncing in. "I ate like a bunch of chocolate and now I feel really good." Braxton laughed and I just shook my head. "Braxton, don't forget our tradition."