Chapter 3

I woke up to my alarm going off, I rolled over to shut it off. I hated being woke up by alarm clocks, it's so rude you could be in the middle of a good dream and then boom *beep *beep *beep starts going off and then you have to wake up. I looked around the dark room waiting for my eyes to adjust when I noticed the bathroom light on and the shower was running. I crawled out of bed letting a few grunts and growls come out as well. Mornings were not my friend and if I could avoid them I would. Mornings for me usually started around ten or eleven. depending on if I had work that day or not. I worked at a Law Firm, I handled all the filing and making appointments, I also handled some of accounting but most things were confidential. I wasn't an authorized employee. I was a paid intern, the Law Firm had a total of twenty interns paid and unpaid. I was in charge of all of them, I made sure they handled all their necessary tasks. It was a fun job and it paid well so I was happy. I haven't been working for a week and it's killing me but I also am finally full filling my dream.

"Callie? what time did you get up?" i asked rubbing my eyes.

"about five minutes" she said "Im surprised you are awake." she joked

"hush, I set my alarm." I mumbled

"aren't you like against alarms, or something like that." She laughed

"I'm not against them, Cal." I said pulling out my face wash.

"Says the girl who in tenth grade, started a protest to get school to start at ten" she said with that know it all tone in her voice.

"that is not even remotely related to my alarm clock situation." I mumbled turning on the water.  "hope you freeze." I whispered to myself. I splashed some water on my face and then applied the soap.

"Lana but wasn't your reasoning behind it because, ALARM clocks, are untrustwothy and rude." she mentioned, clearly pointing out the relation between the two.

I finished rinsing the soap off my face before I even responded to her remark. "first off, these towels feel like they were made from clouds, and second, its true you cannot depend on alarm clocks to wake you up." I added pulling my hair into a pony tail.

"Whatever Lana, I don't know what Alarm Clocks ever did to you but try and help you out." She laughed. "can you hand me one of those cloud towel?" she said reaching her arm out of the curtain.

"Yeah here" I handed her a towel from the cubby hole below the sink. "Alarm clocks ruin my good dreams and it sucks." I said walking out of the bathroom so Callie could get out of the shower. Not like it mattered she has hugged me ass naked before but i did not give consent and it was really awkward for me. Callie is one of those people who are really confident but only with people she knows well, so she comes off really confident when she is around close friends but get her face to face with a stranger and then its like everything shuts down. I on the other hand have never met a stranger, I can strike up a conversation with anyone and everyone. I have been helping Callie get over her shyness and she has done really well, the youtube videos help her a lot. Now we are mostly working on how to strike up a conversation with people she isn't familiar with. 

"Alarm clocks are just doing the job YOU gave them." she said walking out of the bathroom in just her towel.

"this is true. do you think I should apologize for the hateful things I have said over the years." I laughed. 

"Lana, the alarm clock is inanimate it has no feelings, it couldn't careless if you apologized or not." she said grabbing her clothes from her bag and walking back into the bathroom.

"whatever,  I'm telling him I'm sorry." I said walking over to the nightstand where my phone was charging.

"did you say him?" Callie asked, she was almost laughing.