The fourth letter

A well overdue picture of Tegan!! Enjoy like always😄
*****
  "I don't like that one, too pink." I cringe. I asked Piper, Katy and Hadley to Come along with me to go dress shopping. They don't have many good dresses, due to the fact that I'm going so late and apparently the whole school goes, or went and myself and Tegan were the only ones that never attended these things. I honestly had no idea that it was actually a thing till Tegan asked me to go with him.
"So, Tegan asked you to go?" Katy smirks. She wriggles her eyebrows up and down and Piper and Hadley give me the thumbs up. We're a tight group of people. Given that we've known each other since kindergarten.
"Yes, for the millionth time he did. He asked me in drama, now that I think of it that's all that this has brought me, drama." I let out a defeated sigh, deciding that this is hopeless. Until Hadley holds up a black and white dress with a black lace pattern on the bottom for the white part. It's a strapless dress but is long sleeved. I get up out of the chair and walk over to it in pure and utter awe.
"I think this is the one." I proclaim. I grab the dress and walk over to the fitting room. I slip off my clothes and I put on the dress and look in the mirror after fixing my static filled hair. I twirl around in it and let out a small laugh when it poofs out. I pull back the curtain and reveal the dress, now it's judging time.
"You look gorgeous. Tegan is going to flip when he sees you, he's not going to be able to keep his hands off you." They all say in unison. It's like we've been together for so long that we can all read each other's minds and say things that another person is thinking. It's creepy but amazing at the same time.
"Okay good, because even if you guys hated it, I would've bought it because I love it!" I squeal. I am turning into a girly girl. It's okay for one day I suppose.
*****
I met up with Tegan--after I said goodbye to the girls--for a short lunch at a café near the mall that we were just in for, guess. Three whole hours! I ordered a cotton candy thing from Starbucks and went to go sit down near the fireplace near the window.
  "So, how come you wanted to meet up on such short notice?" I question.
  "I just missed seeing your face." He smirks. I don't think I heard him right. I'm literally getting really warm, my face because blushing is so attractive, is turning a bright red. I can tell from the way Tegan lets out a laugh.
  "No but seriously." I ask.
  "Don't tell me you already forgot. We have a drama assignment to work on together and we have nothing written down and it's due next week! We need at least one week to memorize. And also, we're going to the dance together and you never told me what colour your dress was." Tegan answers.
  "Well let's start working. And my dress is black and white." I reply.
  "That's all your going to tell me? What about the length? Or the design? Please tell me that every piece of your skin is going to be covered, or else we are going to have a problem." He sighs.
  "Um, my dress comes down to mid-thigh, and it's strapless but it has sleeves all the way down to my wrists. Do you want me to return it for ski-pants and a winter parka?" I joke.
  "Yes, I only want to be the one to see your skin. I want to be the only one to touch it. I want to be the only one to whistle at you and sweep you off your feet." He runs a hand through his hair. "Just, promise me one thing." He asks.
  "Depends." I raise an eyebrow and await whatever I'm agreeing to.
  "I get to be the only one to take you home." He says, all seriousness on his face. I think I just melted into my chair. We need to turn this non-heated fireplace down before I turn into a crisp.
  "I suppose you can be the only one to take me home." I smirk.
  "Okay, good now let's get to work shall we." We resume our work and leave the café hand in hand just as the sun is setting in the west. I get into his car and we drive somewhere foreign to me.
  "Are you going to kill me? Look, I'm sorry if I said the wrong thing or we didn't get the play right this time, but I didn't think that that was worth death!" I plead. He lets out a laugh that sends a shiver down my back, causing me to smile.
  "I'm not going to kill you, that wouldn't be the best thing to do for the world or for me. I would be heartbroken and the world would be deprived of the most beautiful girl to roam the streets." He replies.
  I blush at his words and lean back in my seat, undoing the window, the night air whirls through the car and messes up my straight brown hair. I could care less I love the feel of the breeze. It gives me a sense of freedom. We pull up to a beach and you can hear the waves from where we are crashing peacefully onto the shore. I get out of the car and walk to the dock, taking off my shoes so my feet can feel the comfort of the warm sand underneath them. I'm breath taken, the sunset is reflecting off of the water and it's so peaceful I let out a breath and take in the scene.
  "I knew you'd like it." A voice says from behind me. Tegan walks forward so his front is on my back. He's so close I can feel his heat radiating off of him. I stiffen at his close proximity and suck in a breath. The things you can do to me Tegan.
  "How'd you find this place? I've never been here before." I explain. I turn around so I'm facing him, bad choice. Now he puts his hands on the sides of my crossed arms. I look into his eyes and meet his gaze.
  "I found it when I first started to like you. I heard your friends talking about a beach party and followed them out here in hopes of seeing you, but you never showed. Your friends were kind of disappointed, but not as much as me. This is where I was planing on asking you out." He admits. Oh yeah, I don't do parties and I thought that this was just another excuse to under age drink so I didn't come, little did I know that they were planning a surprise party for my 17th birthday. I'm such a terrible friend. I spent the whole night watching Netflix, ignoring the countless calls and texts from my friends asking where I was.
  "My seventeenth birthday. I didn't come because that was the year, that was the year that my grandfather passed away." I murmur. He wraps me into a hug and I let the single tear slip down my cheek.
  "It's okay, I know how you felt. I did the same thing, but instead of it being a one time thing, I always did it. I locked myself in my bedroom and stayed in bed, thinking. Birthdays reminded, we'll still remind me, of my mom. She died when I was 12. I never really got over it, she died on my birthday. Now I don't celebrate. January 19th's remind me of her." He croaks. Well now I feel terrible for thinking that I had it bad.
  "Well, this was a great way to end the night." I comment sarcastically.
  "We still have another hour. Want to go swimming?" He suggests. I nod my head but then remember something. No it's not my period. It's the fact that I don't have a bathing suit and I'm wearing a thong.
  "Actually, I don't have a bathing suit so I'll just dip my feet on the water." I sigh.
  "Already one step ahead of you. I let your friends know about the whole thing and they gave me your bathing suit on their way out of the mall. So your welcome for thinking ahead, actually thank your friends." He says.
  He unlocks his car and pops the trunk open, grabbing my black patterned bikini, a little bit too revealing for just having a guy to swim with but oh well. I go to one of the outhouses and get changed, putting my clothes into a pile and leaving them in there, I head to the shore and dip my feet into the water. It's warm enough that you can swim for hours and hours. I hear him slam his car door shut then jog out towards me in his board shorts.
  "Now the fun begins." He smirks devilishly. Great, this is going to be a night to remember.