Carpets and Kisses

"Are you 100% positive?"

"Rylan, you look flawless as always."

"You flatter me." Rylan deadpanned.

"I'll always be here to flatter you my love."

Rylan spun around to look at Elijah as he laid on the lounge with his eyes closed as if he was fed up with the world. She strode over to him and sat on his bare stomach, running her fingers through his undone hair gently.

"Are you seriously not dressed yet?"

"I'm a vampire, I have all the time in the world."

"Movie premiere starts at 7, and we need to be there for 6 to walk the carpet." Rylan told Elijah as he gripped her hips and pulled her into his chest so she was lying on top of him. 

"Good, means we can lie here for another twenty minutes." Rylan scoffed at Elijah's statement and sat up so she was straddling his hips. 

"Yeah, you can, but unlike you, I have people who constantly criticise my outfits and overall appearance because i'm a woman in Hollywood." She drew patterns on his upper chest while she spoke.

"I know sweetheart, so its a good thing that you have more time to get ready, because your lipsticks smudged."

Rylan pulled out her phone from her bra and opened the front camera, examining her lipstick.

"No its not you liar."

"Did I forget to mention I can see the future?"

"What do your magical vampire abilities have to do wi-" Rylan was cut off from finishing the rest of her sentence when Elijah sat up quickly and kissed her deeply. 

The pair kissed for a solid five minutes before Rylan decided she needed to get up and get ready for the movie premiere.

"I need to go get ready." 

"Sure thing sweetheart."

As Rylan and Elijah walked into their shared bedroom to get changed for the premiere, Elijah was struck with the thought that he didn't even know what movie it was for, so he asked Rylan.

"About that....."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"ARE YOU READY ELIJAH?"

"CALM DOWN, I'M COMING."

"WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE."

"GOOD."

"NOT GOOD."

"GOOD."

"NOT GOOD, WE CAN'T BE LATE!" Elijah sped into the room with his hair perfect, shoes shining and all suited up.

"Why didn't you tell me it was a premiere for this godforsaken movie."

"Because I knew you wouldn't come otherwise."

"Of course I wouldn't have, who in their right mind would willingly purchase tickets to attend this monstrosity of a film."

Elijah and Rylan bickered all the way to the front gate where Elijah had parked his car previously during the day over the movie and how he hated the thought of it. As they entered the car Elijah stopped his bickering and turned to Rylan looking serious.

"I refuse to have my picture taken tonight."

"What? Why?"

"It may put you in danger of being seen with me."

"And?"

"Rylan what do you mean 'And?', this is serious, you could be severely hurt because you have ties with an Original."

"I know, we've spoken about this before Elijah. And besides, if I wasn't prepared for that aspect of our relationship do you think I would still be with you?" Rylan questioned him. "Now whats the real issue?"

"Niklaus." Elijah mumbled.

"Are you actually worried Nik is going to find out you were at a goddamned vampire movie and pick on you."

"Yes."

"That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard, besides, Nik's read the books."

"Fine but I swear if Niklaus teases me about being here i'm saying you dragged me here."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Rylan and Elijah pulled up at the event and drove around the side to the V.I.P entrance, where Rylan handed over her tickets and some I.D before they were on their way to a parking area. In said parking area, Rylan and Elijah would park their car, before being picked up by a driver and driven back around to the front of the building to walk the carpet. A long and tedious process.

As they found a spot and parked, Elijah went to step out of the car before Rylan stopped him and told him to "Stay seated for a second."

"Why?" 

"Instagram." (picture up above)

On their way to the car that they would be driven back to the front of the building in Rylan was having a hard time figuring out the right caption for her new favourite picture.

"What should the caption be?"

"Something cute."

"How about like, 'Premiere with my boy'?"

"Keep it simple, make people guess, be mysterious."

"Okay."

Rylan uploaded the picture to her Instagram with the caption '' and shut her phone off before the flood of notifications would begin. She stuffed the phone into Elijah's suit pocket and grabbed his knee as the car came to a stop.

"Ready?" She asked him.

"Ready to stake myself." He mumbled quietly.