Chapter 19

In the weeks that followed all anyone talked about was prom, especially Chrissy. She was so pissed when I told her I wasn’t going.

“Why not?” she complained when I first told her.

“I’m 8 months pregnant, and my boyfriend can’t go with me. I’d rather not waste all the money and just have a night hanging with Eric by myself. Plus I’m not going to find a dress even if I do I wont be comfortable in it, and I’m 8 months pregnant I don’t want to chance going into labor or something. Also everyone is going to stare and just no I’m not doing it.”

“Okay. Fine. But you have to go dress shopping with me, please.” She begged.

“Yes, of course.” I said. I had planned on going anyways.

We went shopping and Chrissy made me try on dresses with her, which I was not expecting. She gave me some weird excuse saying she’d too self-conscious if she had to try them on alone. I knew it was not true but I did it anyways, because I felt bad about not going with her like we had planned, I mean we went last year together but senior year is more important then junior year.            

The dress she ended up getting was totally her. It was long yellow and blue with a little bit of beading at the top. It had thin straps and just fit her perfectly. Surprisingly enough I found a dress that I really like too, it was a pale purple with grey lace with a black belt. It was long and strapless. If I were going that would have been my dress.

I went to the bathroom while Chrissy went to pay for her dress. We had had so much fun just hanging out. We decided to order a pizza and just go back to my house and watch movies and talk.

The week before prom Eric finally asked if I was going to prom and I gave him the same speech I gave Chrissy only adding something about maybe hanging out at his place ordering a pizza and what not and he agreed saying that sounded great.

The day of prom Chrissy asked me to go get a mani-pedi with her and I couldn’t say no. She told me she wanted to pick out my color and since I didn’t care I let her. It was pretty light purple and she got a French tip because she didn’t know what color would match her dress better. We ended up back at her place when we were done and she asked me to help her with her hair and make up. She also decided that she wanted to do my hair and make-up too. I asked her why and she said she just wanted to and because it’d surprise Eric or something like that. Of course I gave in and she was happy.

I left a few minutes after her date picked her up and I watched as her mom took their picture. By the time home I couldn’t wait to see Eric. I headed up to my room to put on something a little nicer, since my hair and make up was done, grab my over night bag and leave.

I walked into my room only to find a bouquet of roses and a note in front. It read: For you and me and our wonderful evening together. With love, Eric. P.S. look in your closet. Look in my closet? What? But I did what the note said anyways.

I opened it up and right in front was the dress I tried on with Chrissy when we were prom dress shopping for her. I couldn’t believe my eyes.  Why was this in my closet and why did I need it for tonight with Eric? Sitting underneath the dress were three boxes, two contained black shoes one pair of heals and the other a pair of flats with a note reading Wasn’t sure which you’d prefer tonight. The third box contained beautiful silver jewelry that matched the dress perfectly. I put everything on choosing to wear the heals, because I love heals, figuring I could take them off and go bare-footed at his house if they bothered me too much.

I quickly grabbed my over night bag and my small black purse taking only what I needed from my other purse I was using earlier. I went down stairs to the hook we hang our keys on and reached for my keys when I saw another note. Nope. Not tonight. Look out front. I quickly went over to the front door and gasped when I saw a car and a guy standing outside of it holding a sign that read Ms. Grangerly.