Chapter Nineteen

Hey guys, I forgot to upload yesterday :p so here it is! I just wanted to let you know (if you haven't already read it) to go to the My Next Story: You Choose section in Voltaic, it's just after Chpt. 18, and check it out and vote for the story you want me to upload after I finish this story :)

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS. OMG. I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FINISHED THIS.

There will be an epilogue!!!

<3

Chapter Nineteen.

I stumble into Nexus' waiting fist when he shoves me off balance. I cough, holding my stomach to lessen the pain and turn around to face him. His next fist is already being thrown my way, which I dodge swiftly and sweep his leg out from under him.

He falls to one knee, but doubles over and rolls out of the way before my bolt can hit him. He catches my wrist and twists, but I send a jolt of electricity through my skin and into his, setting it to the maximum voltage that I can give.

He lets out a growl of shock and reels back before grabbing a nearby book and slamming it into the side of my head. I whirl around just before he can hit me again and then send daggers of electricity flying in his direction. He dodges each and every one with ease, his super speed aiding him greatly as he avoids almost every attack I send his way.

He blurs by me, kicking my back and sending my flying to the other end of the room before I can turn around and block him.

"I did not think you would be so weak," Nexus comments from above me.

He is still across the room, but he is making his way towards me. I pull myself up and lean against the wall, "you have not seen the best of what I can do," I spit, standing up.

He moves in a flash, running to my side and pulling out an object from his back pocket. The dagger glints dangerously as the setting sun reflects off of it. He gives me a slow grin.

I slam my fist into his face - the charged electricity that had accumulated in my waiting palm quickly seeping into his head and causing him to jerk to the right. His eyes roll into the back of his head, his lips trembling as his body twitches uncontrollably.

I take this chance to punch him again, continuously doing so with charged hands until he falls to the floor. I grimace at the sight of his jerking body, the pure whites of his eyes and the gurgled sound he makes in the back of his throat.

I am almost certain that he is on the brink of death, when suddenly he stands up and hits me right in the chest. His punch knocks the wind out of me, and I gasp for air as I lay on the ground. How is this possible? "You should have been dead," I wheeze.

A cruel laugh slips through his bloody lips, "your attacks are nothing against mine. You have no chance against me, beast." I manage to gather as much air as I can, and breathe as slowly as possible.

He grabs the dagger that had slid under the scattered glass from the table and advances towards me. His eyes rage a fire that can only be described as an incessant evil. His smile is lethal and cracked. I continue to breathe calmly, channelling every bit of electricity that lives within me and directing it to every part of my body. I distribute the voltage evenly, from the top to bottom of my body.

"It is time to do what I should have done on the battlefield," he mutters, raising the dagger so that the tip targets my chest.

I look up at him with expressionless eyes as I lay on the carpeted floor. Before he can so much as move - I release the energy.