Epilogue

• Dedicated to Every Single One of You

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF STORY.... it'll tell you which story won for my next story :)

Epilogue.

It is safe to say that I am hyperventilating.

Warm hands place themselves on my shoulders, "Relax," Kaius says soothingly. "You are going to be amazing. They will love you," he reassures me.

"Thank you," I start, "for being here with me." I give him a tight hug, which he happily returns.

It has been a week since my battle with Nexus. It has also been a week since I was named Goddess of Cyeia - the current reigning, governmental leader who now has control of this entire world and every Capital inside of it.

It has also been a week since Kaius and I have gotten intimately closer to each other. We share a few kisses and long glances at each other, but it has not gotten farther than that. I am incredibly grateful for his patience with me - this new expectation that has been placed on me is almost too much for my shoulders to hold.

After a week of preparation, files and signing documents; today is the day that I will be officially presenting myself to the whole of Cyeia. Whether they will like me or not is the only thing not in my control, but I'll be damned if they take me to be another Nexus.

I am wearing a dress; something I do not often wear unless it is to a Capital Show. It is a royal blue chiffon dress that covers my left shoulder in a flowing design. It hugs my waist lightly before dropping down past my ankles and only just grazing the linoleum floor.

I wear black krael, which had been professionally applied to my face and the God/Goddess symbol drawn onto the very center of my forehead.

I gaze at myself in the mirror, lightly tracing the Goddess symbol on my forehead with my finger. I look at my attire, and the nervous spark in my silver eyes. "I am not ready for this," I whisper to Kaius.

He wraps his arms around my waist from behind me and we look at each other in the mirror. "No one can ever be prepared for something like this," he murmurs in my ear. "However, you are not no one. You are the most powerful being on Cyeia, and you have the kindest heart and soul that I have ever seen. No one is more fit to be the Goddess than you are, Vesiss."

I turn around in his arms and plant a light kiss on his lips. "We must go," I tell him, checking the time.

We make our way from out of the newly built Capital Hall and head down the repaired tower. We reach the ground floor, and immediately I am surrounded by guards - supernatural and human.

Kaius rests his hand on my back, leading me out the doors and into the bright daylight and open, grassy fields. "You will be wonderful," he speaks into my ear before moving to the side of the podium.

I step onto the podium and stand with wandering eyes. I gaze around at the massive crowd of Cyeians who have all come to witness the crowning of their new leader. After being announced to everyone my name, I bring my lips to the microphone and say my speech that I had not planned beforehand.

"Ladies and gentleman, supernaturals and humans." I begin. "Yes, I am a supernatural," I pause. "I am an Electrokinetic and a Dragon, however I would not have been born so if Nexus had not come to be the reigning God."

"Nexus was a cruel man. He had called for the extermination of the supernaturals not only once - but twice. Yet, he was a supernatural himself; a Mind Controller with super speed. He came into power with the intent of destroying every supernatural existence in this world in order to become the most powerful supernatural in all of Cyeia. I was born because my parents decided that something needed to be done to stop this. In order to do so, they needed someone powerful - someone that not even Nexus could defeat."