Just For Me? (GR! NedIre)

Requested!! Sorry it took so long!!

Another coffin laid down, clad in black and red roses. The sun was low, casting shadows over the hills like arms reaching out towards the mourning family below. Clouds stopped dancing in the sky, the beautiful birds song gone. Replaced by the scratchy scrapes of the Ravens flying above. It wasn't the first time he had busted in a funeral, watching the families mourn and weep from his place in the tree. The tree was tall, thick enough for four people to wrap around at least, adjourned with branches the size off Bigfoot himself. Not to mention the thick leaves that hid them. So there he sat, watching them silently and unmovingly. He was usually a happy boy, snarky with a short temper. Much like most red heads are. Connor Kirkland loved his life as much as he loved watching the death of others, he loved his siblings (Even though most of the time it didn't seem like it) And they loved him back. But death had always interested him, not to cause it, but to watch it.

The first funeral Connor had bust was his little brothers Bunny. It was a sunny day, but the birds weren't chirping and the clouds weren't dancing. There sat a little boy about eight sobbing to his hearts extent, his three siblings towering above him. A little gravestone stuck out of the ground, above a box not yet covered up.

"C'mon Artie....Its time to say goodbye..." The oldest Kirkland brother, Allistor, said softly. The fiery headed fifteen year old had always been interested in his brothers well being, no matter how stubborn he seemed. Allistor was the closest thing they had to a parent and he was going to damn well be a good one.

Arthur shook his head hastily, blonde bangs flowing over his emerald orbs. He looked up at Allistor, tears still falling.

"N-Noooo!" He sobbed, hugging himself tightly.

Another pair of arms wrapped around the small boy, picking him up as he sobbed. Seamus, the second oldest being thirteen, held him against his chest and rocking him slightly, singing. . Seamus was the most levelheaded of them all, with his light auburn red hair and matching Emerald eyes to the rest of them. He was like a mother to them all if they knew what one was.

Ten year old Connor looked down, emotionless at the grave before shoveling the dirt back into its place. Arthur's sobbing getting louder, Seamus's singing joining along.

Crunch

Black bird singing in the dead of night,

Take theses sunken eyes and learn to see,

All your life,

You were always waiting, for this moment

To be free...

Allistor's deep, smooth voice harmonized with the slightly more high pitched of Seamus's.

Crunch

Black bird fly,

Black bird fly,

Into the light of the dark black night....

Crunch

Connor shook himself out of the daydream, the family gone and coffin covered as he sighed. Shimming down the tree and onto the grass he began the long trek home.

Unknowing of the one watching.

Now the Kirkland house was a lot different then when Arthur was little. It was mildly peaceful then, almost normal.

Now they were just plain Dysfunctional.

"YOU DONT PUT BUTTER ON FIRST DIMWIT!"

"YES YOU DO, NOW SHUT YOUR TRAP!"

"Guys."

"THIS IS WHY YOU BURN EVERYTHING ARTHUR!"

"Guys."

"OH SHUT UP ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVE ANY BETTER COOKING SKILLS THEN I DO!"

"DO YOU WANT TO GO! THE ONLY REASON YER STILL ALIVE IS MY BLOODY COOKING!"

"GUYS!"

Their bickering finally stopped and Seamus sunk back in his chair. Allistor and Arthur still at each other's throats as Connor stepped between them.

"I'M MAKING DINNER GO!"

"NO I HAD IT HANDLED-"

"SHUT IT ARTHUR! IM MAKING DINNER NOW GO!"

Arthur puffed and stomped the stairs away from the kitchen. Allistor smirked triumphantly, arms crossed over his chest.

"That means you too Allie." Connor finished. Allie's expression vanished and he rolled eyes muttering under his breath as he stomped towards his room.

Seamus sighed, "Thank god you came home. They've been at it for hours."

Connor nodded, grabbing pots and pans to use. "I figured you could use some help."

"I could always need some help with those two."

"Who wouldn't?" Connor asked, smirking slightly at his own joke

Seamus laughed before standing, helping him get dinner ready.

About an Hour later

Dinner went well, nobody died and nobody got a black eye. They hardly talked frankly, Arthur texting away to his "Totally not boyfriend if you say that ever again he will demolish you" or as they called him..."The bloody fucking Frog."

Connor hummed to himself in his room he shared with Seamus. Arthur occupied the attic, Allistor the basement, leaving Seamus and Connor in the only actual room. Their room was separated into a half. Seamus, being petrified of heights, slept on bottom so everything on the floor was his. Connor slept up top, everything he owned in the shelves built into the walls. They all shared clothes, Arthur and Connor getting all the hand me downs. It kind of sucked being the youngest.

Connor stared out the window beside his bed, it wasn't that big, wasn't that small. But the perfect size of jumping out of or letting starlight in. He sighed in content, pretending to connect the stars with an invisible string. He'd done it all sixteen years of his life, connect the stars. It gave him hope, remembering that their is always a string connected to you, wether it goes to someone is your decision.

He did that until his eyes felt dry and his eyelids fell. His breathing slowing down and heartbeat gaining.

I watched him as he slept, sitting beside him without him knowing.

"It's almost time....Don't worry..Soon you'll join the stars as well."