~Chapter Three: The ball ~

--JEAN'S POV--

The planning was simple, actually. Nothing like i imagined it would be. It was actually fun, ya know. I searched for the perfect place. A garden-like place. I searched for the design of the sweet table and of course the sets of courses on the buffet table. I also searched for the sweets that is gonna be displayed on the sweet table. It was downright simple, if you exclude the decorations, that is. Not much of work done. I started thinking of the date, and that's when the planning got a little bit harder. If i set it on December 25th, some demis may not be able to attend and that will totally suck. Even for me. But, then again, i'd be busy the other days cause i'll be doing some stuffs. So instead of telling everyone the date of the actual ball, I made an anouncement saying that they should start choosing their dates because the ball is coming closer and things like that. Yeah, i am the master of deceit xD I actually don't know why i put that there. Haha.

There was a game at the group, because John thinks it's a good idea. Truth or dare. Our dare was to post our selfies. John Carlo was the one who gave me that dare and everyone else thinks it's fun and so they started to join in the posting-selfies game. He said i should post one so that everyone will join in. And i did. In that one little post of mine, another game was played. RP hide-and-seek. Paolo, that vampire that screams TROUBLE and who i'm starting to like, and i were both hiding from John Carlo cause he sprays water on us. Virtually, of course. Haha. Even Paolo was dared to do so. He posted a picture, a close up picture, of his EYE. I mean, the heck, his EYE. Lol. Hahaha.

"Why the eye, dude?", John Carlo asked. I nodded. I mean, why?

"I don't effing know.", Paolo replied. I silently chuckled.

A few minutes later, sipping on hot cocoa and silently sitting still, my phone buzzed. It was a post. It was Paolo's post.

"The ball is coming closer and i don't know which of these girls to ask.", the post said along with three girls. I read the names. My eyes widened when i saw mine. *cough* *cough* I won't be saying my heart skipped a bit, that's so overrated and too cliche. I mean, everyone uses that in their stories. But i was shocked, totally. Not because i'm flattered at the thought that he was thinking of asking me to be his date on the upcoming ball. But because.... Oh no! If Princess sees this, she'll start shipping us for real. She got her proof. She'll start thinking that Paolo really do like me. And that's all the proof she ever needed. I groaned internally. But then i saw John Carlo's name once he commented on Paolo's post and i remembered our game. So i commented, "*hides*", in that post. Paolo did, too. And while we were waiting for John Carlo's comment, Princess commented. I'm not surprised because i shouldn't be. I should have already anticipated that this would happen, right? The comment said, "No, don't hide, sis. *grins*". Okaaaay? Ghads! She's having the wrong idea. I shouldn't have commented that. Urgh. She doesn't know anything about the game we were playing. *facepalms*

•°~[one week later]~°•

This is the time of my life that i never knew i could have when all i care about is my life online and don't really care that much about my life offline like any other regular teenagaer who's not addicted to books. So when my mom left home with my phone in her bag, which was an accident since i forgot to remove it the other day, i was miserable. Totally. It's 24. Today's the supposed ball. Today was the day i was supposed to HOST a BALL. Why the fudge did this have to happen now? Urgh. Miserable miserable life.

"Dude, i'm dead. I can't host the ball, my phone is gone.", i told Sam, my closest friend. We are currently in my room. She narrowed her eyes at me. "Dead. So dead.", i continued.

"Yeah. Don't freak out. Just apologize to them. Okay? They'll understand. Tell them the truth.", she said, trying to sound comforting but failing completely.

"Like hell.", i whispered. She took my hand and started pulling.

"Let's go eat ice cream. Let go of that stress. My treat.", she said. I smiled up at her and stood up.

"Come on!", i said. She rolled her eyes at me. We ran down the steps and out of the house to the nearest store that sells ice cream. And, for a moment, i forgot about the supposed BALL.

(the next freaking day)

My phone is back! But the day is over. I missed it. This is stupid. I forgot to host the ball. No, not forgot. I wasn't able to because i have no phone that time and my laptop is ruined. Urgh.

I logged into facebook, said a quick sorry in a post and went to messenger. I opened it and what welcomed me is a message from Jake Paolo Beccom. I smiled. The main reason why i was so miserable when i wasn't able to go online the other day wasn't because of the ball, it was because i didn't get to roleplay with him. Which i was so used to do with him and our friends. I opened the message.

"What happened to the ball?", he asked. I typed in a reply.

"Sorry. I have an idea. Why don't we make it a new year's ball instead?", i replied.

"Sure, that would be great.", he replied. I smiled again. I closed my phone and thought as i nibbled on a loaf of bread. Am i really starting to like this once-oh-so-scary vampire? But why? He's childish and playful and such a seaweed brain like his brother, Percy. I have never even seen him. And he's miles away from me. My phone beeped indicating i got a new message. I opened my phone and read it. My eyes narrowed at the screen of my phone.

"I am totally shipping you guys! Hahaha. Ohmygod! He likes you too! Big time! Wiee~", the message said. It was from Princess. Oh, great. Just great. Note the sarcasm, people.

~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~[]~

A/N: I therefore conclude that this is longer than the previous chapter. Haha. Pray forgive me for that short chapter. Haha. Wait for what comes next. Ouch! My stomach's turning! XD JK~