Chapter 1: The Big game

It was Friday, November 13 and it was last period, ninth. The teachers were announcing a contest that was going to be held. All the Seniors were having this annoucment. There was going to be a dating contest. The seating that day in every class was girl, boy, girl, boy, girl, boy. Because there were more boys than girls in a class, the leftover boys couldnt participate. The person you sat next to was your partner for the next month. At school we will play a game including trivia about your partner or a challenge were the couple must work together. The winner of the game would earn points and the points would help you win. The couple that acted the most in love would win. The winners would receive 100$ each and a date to Cedar Point with 150$ to spend there. I looked over to my right and reliezed my boyfriend would be the hottest guy in school, Keith.

"I'm going to give you the rest of the class period to get to know your partner for Monday's game." said Mrs. Brunswick.

I looked over slowly to see Keith's mouth wife open like he couldn't believe what he just heard. I knew this wasn't going to end out good.

"So I guess were partners" I said trying to starting the conversation.

"Yeah I guess we are." He replied with no emotion.

I knew this wasn't going to work and we would have no chance of winning. No one would even pretend to like me. I had to try to make a move to do something.

"I can't believe what we could win! So do u want try to get the big prize"

I could see a small smile creeping through his teeth. He paused for a moment and then said, "Yes!"

I couldn't believe what just happened. I smiled back slightly and was in awe with his bright blue eyes. I felt like I could just swim deep in them and they would never stop. "Ok. I think we should talk about strategy today. Oh yeah and we do have an advantege, I live accross the street from Mrs. Brunswick." I said trying to to make small talk.

He then had a look of Albert Einstein with an ah ha! moment. " I think I've got a plan.." He said with deep thought in his.

"What is it?" I replied desperately wanting to know how far he wanted this to actually go.

"Ok what if we went on a date. Then we could talk about it a lot and the teachers could over hear and give us extra points." He replied with a big smile on his face.

I was screaming inside. I had no idea how I managed to get a date with Keith!! I had to act casual tho to make it look like it was all for the project. "Sounds good to me" I replied calm.

"Ok so how about we get started right away and did this tonight? Do you have a number I can text?"

I was sweating and so nervous... I just scored a date with keith... And he wants my number!!!!

I grabbed a peice of paper and wrote my number and handed it over to him. I tried so hard to hide the fact that my hand was super shakey.

"Cool. So I will see you Tonight?" He asked holding the little piece of paper tightly in his hand.

I nodded my head yes and the bell rang at that instant. Everyone rushed out of the room while me and Keith packed up our books.

"Well I see you later I guess" I said blushing until I yelled at myself to stop. What was I doing?! I'm going to ruin my date shut up Bella!"

"Yep can't wait" he said.

I wasn't sure if he was sarcastic or not tho so i couldn't tell if he was truly excited or not.

He held open his arms motioning for me to hug him and I did. Keith isn't one of those guys that does a 2 second hug, he does a 15 second hug.

"Bye" I said trembling at my feet and the feel of his wamth.

"Bye, Bella" he said smoothly.

We went are seperate ways and went home.

I finished my homework and just hung out at home until my phone buzzed. I jumped up and down inside It was Keith asking me were I lived. I replied back my address and I was running around getting ready with my last details. Tonight would be a night to remember.