Chapter 4: Buddy trouble

When I went to school everyone was staring at me and Keith. They knew how 'in love' we were. Me and Keith sat next to eachother in every class and lunch. We held hands, kissed, and hugged. We laughed and hung out. One day I overheard Keith and his buddies talking.  

"Dude, Keith. I cant believe you actually kissed Bella." 

"Yeah Keith. Are you starting to fall for her?" 

Keith then finally replied, "No way you guys shes just a friend." 

"Ok well make sure you don't get to close." 

"I'm not you guys, its just acting that's all," Keith exclaimed. 

"Ok it better be!" 

"Don't worry about it." 

I decided then to walk in and act like I didn't hear anything, even though I was truely crushed. I knew it was just a game but was he really just playing me like that? I thought he actually was interested... well that's at least what my beat friend Emma thinks.

"Oh hi Keith" I said inicently. 

I hugged Keith and turned towards his friends. 

"Hi Bella. Well we better be going. We don't want to be late to class." he said glaring towards his buddies.

"Bye fellas" I said to his friends. 

Keith grabbed my hand and we walked to class together, he acted like nothing happened earlier.  

Then Thursday came and it was game day. Today's game was Trivia. only 17 couples were going to play and try to win. There were going to be 7 questions about your partner that you must answer. Every question you got right you got a point, whoever had the most points wins. The exact same 7 questions were used for everyone. 

Here they are: 

1. When is their birthday? 

2. How many siblings do they have? 

3. What is their favorite food? 

4. What is their favorote subject in school? 

5. Name three of their hobbies 

6. What are the last 4 digits of their cell phone number? 

7. If they could chose any place to go on a date where would it be? 

Keith and I knew more about eachother than I expected. I got 5 questions right about Keith and he got 6 right about me. This made me feel like I needed to pay more attention to him, maybe I need to talk less. We scored 11/14 points which lead us to have a tie between one other team. We earned points for our couple and 2 free dinners to Red Lobster. When we won that gave us even more attention than we already had. Sometimes when we would be walking in the hall together someone would whistle at us. It seemed normal to me after hearing it so often.

Then on Friday we had to play another couples game. This game had a lot more action in it than the trivia game. It was the classical scavenger hunt. You had to look in your classrooms for different items but once one was found no one else could get it either. We didn't struggle with this one because we always had our eyes open. The real challenge was racing to grab the items before the other couples. For this game only 12 couples were going to play. Me and Keith ran around between classes to go into rooms that we didn't have classes in to find even more items. We then ended up getting 1st place and we got some bonus points to our couple but no special prize this time. This made me very confident in our "team"

On Friday after school I was about to leave school, but then I saw Keith talking to his friends again. oh great now what are they saying..  

"So I hear you won the game with that little girl Bella. Your still going to dump that loser and go out with Lola right?!"