Chapter 5: Thanksgiving

My pillow vibrated and woke me up to see Keith had texted me.

"What time should I expect you tomorrow?" 

I then replied, "ummmm i guess 8:30 would be good." 

"Ok, I'll see you then, Bye." 

"Bye." 

I woke up very early in the morning. I threw on a nice pair of light blue jeans and a pink floral shirt. I took my long dirty blonde hair out of my braid and let it fall on my back. Brushing through my long waves made me think of Keith teasing his fingers through my hair. I walked downstairs when I was done, to see that my mom and dad haven't even woke up yet. I wrote a note saying that I already left to go to Keiths and I wished them a Happy Thanksgiving.

I slid on my teal blue tennis shoes and my warm navy blue jacket that was fuzzy on the inside. Opening the door brought a cold gush of wind inside the house and I walker outside to see Keith standing by his car. We walked towards eachother and he kissed my lips sweetly. They tasted like warm gravy. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I looked up at him with a giant smile on my face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I wanted to surprise you. Did I do ok or should I leave and act like it never happened." he laughed

"No! You did great" I replied smiling.

We both started laughing at his remark and he kissed my forehead spreading heat throughout my body. We got in the car and went straight to his house.

"By the way make sure you act super in love. Today is probably the most important day for it." he informed me.

The only thought that went through my head was that today was going to be a good day. A soon as I walked inside a whiff of turkey came by. We went to the kitchen and got started with the cooking. The turkey was already in the oven and the stuffing was made. We made all kinds of things like green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and casseroles of all sorts.  

When we finished the job we sat  on the couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade with his arm around me. One by one his family arrived. There wasn't anyone there are age, the closest was 13, so we just hung out with eachother. When all the family arrived, we all sat down at the decorated table, said prayers and ate. The food was absolutely delicious and we all ate until we were stuffed. Everyone was asking me and Keith questions about the contest. Some even asked if I like him and if he liked me, but we prettened like we didn't hear it. When we were all done eating we all headed to backyard.  

We played lots of games like water balloon toss, capture the flag, and frisbee football. It was pretty cold that day but all the running made us all sweat. When it got dark we all played kick the can. When the little boy, Davis, was 'it' Keith and I ran to go hide into the garage. We sat down on a lawn chair that they brought inside until summer.

"Ok the coast is clear now. Now I can show you the surprise." Keith said while getting his breath back, "now close your eyes."

I closed my eyes and I heard him unzip his coat pocket.  He lifted my legs and set them on the chair. I then felt him slightly pull up my pant leg and he laid his hand on my leg for a second. I then felt him lay something cold on my ankle.  

"You can open your eyes now if you'd like."

I opened my eyes slowly to find a beautiful silver anklet was on my right foot. It had a silver heart  lay on the center on the chain. I cupped my hands on my mouth while I was in awe at the romantic thing he had done.

"Oh Keith, you didn't have to do all of this for me. Thank you I love it" I said with a giant smile.

"My mom brought it home one day and it was her best friend Diana who died from a car accident last year. My mom had got it for Diana on her birthday and she told me to give it someone special."  

This was so sweet and I started to slightly cry at the beautiful story. He thinks I am that special someone.

"Well now I have a surprise for you," I told him while blushing.

I grabbed his face and gave him "a peck." I let go and started to laugh at his perplexed face.

"Ok then?" he said very confused. 

I sat on his lap facing him and wrapped my legs around him. Our lips then naturally came together and warmth spread throughout my body. Softly our lips were pressed against each other until I pulled away to take a breath. The kiss got more desperate and we collided harder than before. He wrapped his arms around my lower back and brought one up to play with my hair. I went numb, he found my weakness. Every time he touched my hair my body got excited.  It was perfect in every way, shape, or form. We pulled away from each other and I gave him one more little soft kiss, I couldn't help myself. When we walked back inside the house everyone was starring right at us. Then his Aunt Peggy blurted out, "Did she like it?" 

Keith then replied back with a frown, "No." 

"Oh I'm so sor..." she said with everyones face turning sad and disappointed.

" I loved it." I said to cheer everyone up.

He looked over at me and took his hand and through it across my waist and kissed me in front of his whole family. All the adults were in awe and saying how cute our "young love" was, while all the kids were saying "Ewww!"  

I then realized what he did for me and I couldn't it. He told his whole family to play the game on purpose and not come near the garage, so he could give me the anklet. That made my Thanksgiving a special one. 

I helped clean up the kitchen and it was 10:30 by the time we left for my house. We walked up to the porch hand in hand and the motion activated light turned on. 

"Thank you for everything today." I exclaimed

"Your welcome. I guess I will you Wednesday?" he questioned with his hands in his pockets.

I nodded yes and was sad that the night was officially over.

He kissed my sweetly and we then went our separate ways. I went inside and took off my coat and shoes, told my parents about how the day went, and then went upstairs for bed. I threw on some pjs and laid in bed. Emma had texted me, so I texted back and told her what happened. She texted back hearts and said that she could tell he liked me. I knew he couldn't like me and we were just doing it for the money but Emma was usually right about these guy situations...