Chapter Three

I dressed in my red buttoned blouse and tight-like pants. I pulled my boots on and cape before taking my basket and heading out to find Ian leaning against the house.

"Ready sweetie?" He asked.

"I can walk alone, Ian," I hissed.

"I won't let you." He walked over to me and wrapped his muscular arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

His lips caressed my cheek, but I moved my hood to where he stopped.

"Don't be that way, Scarlett."

"Red."

I pulled out of his grip and walked ahead of him to the trail.

"I'm capable of walking alone."

I picked up my pace, but Ian grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his grasp. I groaned and decided to stop struggling.

Ian's arm wrapped around me protectively as we walked through the woods in silence.

"C'mon, dear. Let me have a kiss." His stone grip halted me to a stop, and he twirled me around.

"Sorry, I don't kiss frogs," I shot at him.

"Frogs turn into princes once kissed." He smirked. His smirk wasn't as charming as Wolvric's.

"Well then you're a toad," I said sweetly.

He pulled me into a kiss anyway, ignoring my default. I pushed his chest, and his lips pulled away from mine.

"Disgusting, I'd rather kiss a frog," I growled.

"Fiesty Scarlett," He purred.

"Red. My name is Red. R-E-D."

"No, your name is Scarlett Wilsons." He flashed his blue eyes at me. "Soon, Scarlett Kennedy."

I rolled my eyes and started back walking. Suddenly, I heard a familiar rustling. I then see Wolvric hiding in the woods. His gray eyes bored into me as I walked.

I looked down and broke into a run.

Once I finally arrived at the bakery, I was out of breath.

Opening up, a horde of people rushed in. The clock on the wall said seven thirty.

Oh, that explained it. I was late.

Rushing around to serve orders, the most least likely person I expected comes waltzing in wearing a black hooded cape.

"Hello sir. What would you like?" I asked.

"You," He said in his husky voice.

His eyes met mine, and my mouth dropped.

"W-Wolvric? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" I whispered fiercely.

"Somewhere private we can talk Red?" He asked.

I looked around. No one was in there. Biting my lip, I walked over to the door and changed the sign to "Closed".

"Back here."

I led him into the back room.
"What's with the cape?"

"I need to disguise myself Red." He smirked, pulling the hood off and running a hand through his hair.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I saw that trash kissing you earlier. You aren't actually in love with him are you?"

"No. But he's the leader's son, and I'm being forced to marry him," I grumbled.

"What?! That isn't fair!"

"You're telling me," I groaned, rubbing my temples. "He's full of himself and doesn't love me for me."

"That sucks Red."

I stared at him intensely.

"You're a Wolf. Why do you care about me?"

"You didn't instantly run when you saw me like most Hoods would. So I knew you were different." He smiled.

"Is that a compliment?" I asked, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Yes it is my dear." He smiled, his fangs showing.

I smiled back. "You might better get going Wolvric."

"I better. I'll head out the back."

He gave me a small wave before slipping out the back door.

After work, I made my way to Valerie's house to get ready for the dance she was dragging me to.

"Here, this will look great on you!" Valerie exclaimed, handing me a dress.

"Whatever you say," I said, rolling my eyes.

I placed the dress on and admired myself in the full length mirror. It actually didn't look that bad on me.

The dress was red, flowing around my knees. I had red heels to match, and my hair was pulled back into a curly bun.

"You look amazing Red!"

"Thanks, you too Val." I blushed.

"Red, that mark on your cheek is worrying me." She touched the mark with her fingers.

"Its nothing Val. Now, why not we head out?" I suggested.

"Great idea."

We made our way out of her house and to where the dance was being held.

I was just going to ignore Ian, but he found me automatically.

"You clean up nicely, baby," He cooed, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Is that your poor excuse for a compliment?" I asked sweetly.

He bared a smile and tightened his grip on me. I smirked.

"Why not we dance my dear?"

Before I could respond, he let my waist go and took my hand in his. He then led me to the crowd of people who parted as soon as they saw him.

Here comes the lovely bride and groom!

What a perfect couple!

They will be so happily married.

I held back my laughter. These people were in denial.

Ian stopped me and placed a hand on my waist, a little to low for comfort, and held my hand in his. He placed my hand on his shoulder before beginning our dance.

Ok, so I was not so good at dancing. In fact, I stunk at it. So I was accidentally, some on purpose, stepping on Ian's feet. When the song had ended, I was pretty sure his toes had been...Annihilated.

Oopsie.

With a forced smile, Ian leaned over and kissed me. I was about to push back, but he whispered,

"Damn it, Scarlett, kiss me."

I obeyed and kissed him back. Gag, frogs would be better kissers!

The toad idea was sonofthewinds1 idea and I love it!