Chapter Twenty-seven

I ran fast. Faster when I heard Ian's booming voice.

My boots made thundering thuds as my breathing became heavy.

Wolvric.

No answer.

Wolvric! I screamed in my head, but still no answer. Why wouldn't he answer me?!

I continued running. Ian was gaining on me, my wrist barely brushing his fingertips. He suddenly gripped my wrist and pulled me toward his chest.

I yanked away, but ended up falling on my bottom in the process. Ian pinned me underneath him on the ground, his hands pressing my arms on the dirt.

"You will tell no one of this. Do you hear me?" He whispered fiercely.

I didn't respond.

"Do you hear me?!" He yelled.

"Yes! Now get off of me!" I cried, squirming to free myself.

Ian retreated off of me and brushed the dirt from his pants. "Goodbye now sugarplum," He hissed before walking around the bend and out of sight.

I sat up, hugging my shoulders. Tears brimmed my eyes and before I realized it, I was full out crying on the ground.

Ian

An hour earlier

I knocked on her door and she answered with an exasperating sigh.

"Good evening my sweet," I purred.

"What Ian?" She growled.

"I just wanted to talk, love."

"Don't call me that," She hissed, her face flaring with a blush.

"Calm down Scarlett." I smirked. "Can I come in?"

Scarlett bit her lip but let me in anyway. My eyes darted from her lips to her eyes, taking in her beauty. Out of all of the girls, I got the most beautiful one.

Scarlett's arms were crossed over her chest, her lips pursed. "Well? Talk."

"I just wanted to say sorry. I apologize for my behavior at your bakery." Her eyes widened, and I continued. "I love you Scarlett. I love you so much, and I want to marry you."

"I accept your apology," She said, eyes narrowing. Oh those beautiful brown eyes... "But I don't wish to marry you. I don't love you Ian."

My heart sank. "W-what?" I sputtered.

"Ian, I don't love you."
I swallowed hard.

Without realizing, I backed her against a wall, cupping her chin.

"I-Ian-"

"I guess I'll just make you," I said softly, kissing her.

"Let me...go!" She cried, pushing against my chest.

"My dear, sweet Scarlett. Stop this now," I said softly. "You know I love you and would do nothing to hurt you."

"Yeah right, you jerk! Let me go!" She exclaimed, squirming.

"Tsk, tsk..."

I kissed her tempting lips again.

"You know what, my sweet cherry blossom? This would be a lot more fun...somewhere else."

I picked her up and carried her to her bedroom. She beat her fists on my back, even though it felt like small thumps.

Dropping her on the bed, I climbed atop of her and kissed her aggressively.

"Ian...please stop," She murmured.

"Shh, my dear," I said, fingers running down her sides. I wanted to touch her all over, no matter her denial. "I'd prefer it better if you didn't talk."

"Ian..." I placed a finger over her soft lips.

"Sweet heart, what did I say?"

Tears formed in her eyes.
"Don't cry now my love," I said calmly, my hands caressing her legs.

"Let...me...go..." she choked out. "Now."

"Not until we're through here." I smirked.

"No, now." I suddenly felt a sharp kick between my legs, and I groaned and rolled over.

Scarlett jumped up and ran, her boots echoing in my ears. I finally ignored the pain and followed her. She couldn't tell anyone.

I saw her up ahead, red hood flying behind her. I ran to catch up, my fingers finally grasping her wrist. I whirled her around to face me, her cheeks a rosy pink.

But Scarlett pulled out of my grasp and fell to the ground. Grabbing her arms, I pinned her down.

"You tell no one of this. Do you hear me?" I hissed in her ear.

She didn't answer so I repeated myself.

"Yes! Now get off of me!" She yelled. I stood and wiped the dirt from my pants.

"Goodbye now sugarplum." I then walked away without another word, her cries beginning to ring in my ears.