Chapter Twenty-five

Wolvric's stubble! So cute ^^

Wolvric led me into the field to the one bare patch. We sat, facing each other.

"I should go into the woods more often. All of these beautiful things...I never knew were here." I sighed.

"It's because it's on Wolf territory. But you'll get to see it while you're with me," Wolvric said smiling.

We were silent for a moment. Then, I turned myself around and laid my head in Wolvric's lap.

"Red..."

Wolvric ran his fingers through my hair, twirling the pieces with his finger.

"Wolvric..."

He leaned down and kissed me softly.

"Red."

"Wolfy."

I chuckled softly as so did Wolvric.

"Why are we saying each other's names?" I asked.

"Because I like saying your name." Wolvric winked.

"I guess so." I then saw the devilish glint in his eyes.

I laughed and so did he.
Wolvric then dropped his laugh to a small, lopsided smile, the cute one that's close-lipped.

"You are so beautiful," He said softly. "Your laugh is like a twinkling of bells. Your eyes big and wondrous. Your smile bright and welcoming."

I smiled, and he continued.

"Your hair soft as daffodil petals. Skin smooth, sweet like cream." He chuckled softly. "I know I sound...sappy. And I've only known you for about two months. But it feels like I've known you an eternity."

I smiled up at him. Wolvric kissed me again, this time lingering.

"Well, well," Someone chided. "Kissing a Hood? That must break a rule, huh Wolvric?"

Wolvric's head shot up, mine following. He stood and helped me up, gripping my hand tightly.

Suddenly, Conall and the twins appeared from behind the trees.

I groaned. "I guess you have a thing for Wolvric, huh Conall?"

"Don't talk your pretty little head, ok sugar?" Conall sneered. Oooh, how I wanted to snap his 'pretty little neck'.

"Don't talk about Red, as I've warned you before," Wolvric growled.

"Oh no! He warned me!" Conall faked quivering. "I'm so scared! I'm shaking!"

"Ooh," Farkas and Kiyaya said in unison, snickering.

Wolvric tightened his grip on my hand, and I winced.

"Conall, can't you just go and chase your tail while Twiddledee and Twiddledum watch?" I asked sweetly.

Conall narrowed his eyes at me. "I thought I said not to talk sweetheart?"

"And I thought you had a dick! I guess we were both wrong."

Red, stop it!

Why Wolvric? I'm defending myself. And it's fun watching him squirm.

But what you don't understand is that these guys can kill you with their bare hands. I don't want you hurt.

Wolvric-

No, end of discussion.

I kept my mouth shut as Wolvric led me away.

"Wait, we aren't done here."

Conall stopped in front of us. Swinging his leg, he knocked me off balance.

As I hit the ground with a thud! I had had enough.

"I'm tired of this!" Quickly, I swung my leg and pushed Conall to the ground.

Jumping up, I punched his nose as hard as I could.
He was so shocked by my sudden burst of courage that he couldn't react. I knew a certain pressure point on the neck to knock him out so I pressed on it and he was out. Seeing their leader defeated, the twins rushed off.

"That's how you fight, sweetheart," I spat.

Wolvric took my arm.
"Scarlett, what did I tell you?!" He hissed, his eyes changing to a dark gray.

"I was protecting myself! Plus, he didn't hurt me, win-win," I said, smiling a bit.

"Do you think this is some kind of game?!" He shouted at me.

I was taken back by his voice, my eyes wide.

"N-No, I don't-"

"Apparently you do," He interrupted. "I told you these guys were dangerous, but you defied me. Scarlett, Wolves and Hoods are constantly at war and here you are beating one up!"

"Um, excuse me?" I asked, my voice dripping with anger. I could see the anger dancing in his eyes, but I didn't care because now I was livid. "One, I'm not some dog you can order around. 'I defied you'. Two, I was defending myself against guys threatening to hurt us. Both of us.

And for the thing about us at war: I'm highly aware of that Wolvric. But I'm the bad guy because I hit him, and he's off the hook?!"

My cheeks burned, and I knew I was blushing. But I was so mad at Wolvric!

"Scarlett-" He gripped my wrist.

"My name is Red," I spat, yanking my arm away. "I'm going home, you flea-bitten mutt."

I stormed into the woods, Wolvric frozen in one spot.

Wolvric

I couldn't believe myself. I'm so...stupid! I yelled at her for defending herself. But I told her not to interfere. God, I was an idiot...

I erased Conall's memory of the incident and quickly ran home in wolf form.