The Farm

While everyone went to look for Sophia I stayed on the highway with Dale and T-Dog. I started looking through cars on the far side of the highway. Everything was starting to look empty. We probably weren't the only people to go through these cars.
I found some more clothes and a box of canned goods, but that was about it. I walked back to Dale and set the stuff down.
"The cars are pretty empty farther down. Someone's been through before."
"Doesn't surprise me. Some of these cars are probably from that side of the road. You're looking a bit better today, Allison."
"I'll take what I can get."
I joined Dale on top of the RV and handed him a can of fruit.
"Peaches."
"Or pineapple."
"I'll take the peaches."
I smiled and sat on the edge of the RV. T-Dog was sitting on the ground staring at the tree line. It was starting to get a little creepy. Dale sat beside me looking around.
"So you and Daryl?"
"We're friends. I think.."
"Right. I forgot how I cuddle with all my friends."
"Oh don't start. He's a good man, and he's watching out for me."
"Fine. Think what you will."
I laid back against the roof of the RV watching the clouds roll by. I was half asleep when Daryl came running up.
"What happened?"

I drove down the dirt road with Daryl in the passenger seat. He had his crossbow halfway out the window ready to fire. I thought he was overreacting. If someone came to get us  over this I highly doubt they were going to attack us. I parked in front of the house and a girl walked out on the porch.
"Are you Allison?"
"I am."
"My dad needs your help. They said you're a doctor."
Daryl tossed me my bag and I hurried inside.
"This is Hershel. Daddy this is Allison."
"Can you apply pressure on the wound while I get ready?"
I pressed down on the gun shot wound and looked up at Hershel.
"Are you equipped for this?"
"Not entirely."
"I've got a couple things in my bag."
His daughter handed it to him and he went through it.
"We can use that. Thank you."
"I think I should be thanking you, sir."

"Rick! Get in here now!"
I let go of Carl and grabbed a needle out of my bag. I cleaned his arm and pushed the needle in.
"Shane hold Carl down. Now! Rick look at me not him."
"You're killing him!"
"Rick do you want him to live?!"
I grabbed Rick's arm and looked at Hershel impressed. He's still somehow completely focused while ordering us around and yelling at Rick. I attached the tube and taped the needle onto Rick's arm. Carl passed out just as Hershel pulled out the first fragment.
I wiped away the blood and cleaned up the room. I kept an eye on him while Hershel went out to talk to Rick.
I brushed the hair out of Carl's face. He was losing too much blood. It'll be a miracle if lives through this. Lori threw open the door and started crying. I stood up and let Lori have a moment alone. Maggie handed me a glass of juice and sat down on the couch.
"So what happened?"
"Which part? Me or him?"
"You."
"Just some messed up people is all."
I sat down and rubbed my head. Shit couldn't get any worse. Daryl and the others were spread out looking awkward. It was kind of weird being here like this. If that damn RV wouldn't have broken down we wouldn't be in this mess. Who knows maybe we would've found somewhere to settle. Now we've just invaded someone home while we use a bedroom as a makeshift hospital. Our lives are going great.