Chapter Seven

"God damn it! He got me from behind," Leo cried, throwing the controller across the room. 

I laughed as I quickly changed the direction my player was heading in and made my way to where Leo had been shot down, my fingers flying expertly across the controller. 

"There! Right in front of you!" Leo yelled as I was overwhelmed with gunshots flying at me, my health slowly getting lower with each hit. 

"Shit," I mumbled as I dove behind a wall, quickly reloading my guns ammunition. 

"Strafe," Leo instructed me. 

I ignored his advice and instantly exchanged my shotgun for a pistol. 

"What're you doing!?" 

"Winning the game," I told him, not taking my eyes away from the screen.
My character leapt from his hiding position and sent bullets flying into the opposition, catching him dead with a simple headshot. 

"Yes!" Leo and I screamed simultaneously, Leo jumping up in celebration. 

"That's how you play a game of Rainbow Six: Siege!"  I shouted, throwing my controller onto the couch as I stood up to join the roistering. 

We danced around the Winner screen for a good five minutes before we were both abruptly interrupted by the sound of someone approaching us from behind. 

I spun around, watching Bree snort when she realised which game we were playing. 

"God you're idiots," she scoffed. 

I grinned and shrugged, earning a smile back from her. 

"Dude," Leo said, punching my arm playfully, "we've totally got to do that again". 

"I'm afraid your game is going to have to wait," Mr Davenport announced as he entered the room, his eyes glued to a tablet. 

"What is it, Big D?" 

"Mission alert". 

"What happened?" Bree asked, folding her arms. 

"Potential explosion at a nuclear power plant".

"Location?" I asked, causing Bree to give me a weird look.

"A few miles west of Starling City".

"Right! Lets get on this," Leo announced, clapping his hands together for effect. 

"Two questions," Bree quickly pitched. "One, where's Adam?"

"Already suited up in the lab," Davenport answered. 

"And two, what're we going to do without Chase? Is it just going to be the two of us going, or what?"

"I'll go," I offered, causing Bree to laugh. 

"Yeah and die in the first three minutes of being there," Mr Davenport accused. "Listen, Gavin, I appreciate the support and enthusiasm, but this is the sort of job for people with bionics". 

I glared at him. He knew quite well what I was capable of, even if it wasn't strictly speaking me that was doing it. 

Like usual, he ignored me and turned his attention to Bree. "Leo will be joining you". 

"Hell yes!" Leo yelled, fist-pumping the air. 

I had to use all my self control to stop myself from screaming what!? Luckily, Bree did it for me.