Monster - Friendly Bites and Ill-Favored Frights

+++Ok, guys I'm gonna wing this chapter. It's 240 in the morning but I'm stressed and can't sleep. Hopefully I can get something interesting out. Vote and comment y'all. +++

It has been three days since I went into Julian's room. Three days of shame and embarresment. Three days of anxiety and stress. Three days of anger and frustration. I was thankful I hadn't seen him since. I have been holed up in my room, surviving off of the meals that have been brought to me by Maddison. I've been plagued with thoughts of my worried parents who have probably realized by now something is wrong after four days of not hearing from me. I need to talk to them and let them know I'm not laying in a ditch somewhere. The only thing keeping me from flipping out was Thor's company.  

I lifted up the quilt that stretched over me and his head popped out. He yawned lazily and peered at me probably wondering why I woke him from his nap. 

"What should I do boy?" He tilted his head. "Maybe I can find a phone...no one will have to know." He creeped up to my pillow and sat on my face. Some help he is.

I knew it was risky. Ok it was stupid. Really stupid, but I couldn't stand the thought of letting my family worry themselves sick about me. I knew there was no way they could help me, not even if they called the police. I didn't  have the slightest clue where I was and even if they did find me...these vampires could probably take on an entire SWAT team. If I could just get a hold of my mom and tell her I'm okay it could bide me some time to figure out how to get out of this mess. Surely we will have to dock somewhere soon. Then I'll make my move.

I gave Thor a big smooch on his cute wet nose and crept out of my bed. I inched the door open and looked around. The thick black curtains that securely covered every window told me that the sun was up and shining bright. Perfect, everyone should be asleep. I stepped out into the dark hallway. This would be a lot easier if I knew where I was going...or if I could actually see where I was going. I decided to take a left and stumbled, using the wall as a guideline. I continued roaming the halls blindly until I realized I wasn't making any progress. As much as I didn't want to, I knew I would have to pull open a curtain to get an idea on where I was headed. 

I closed my eyes and pushed the curtain aside. That wasn't so bad. I looked out the window to see the glorious sun burning bright. It's golden rays sliced through stormy clouds and danced on the restless waters. I bet the ocean air smells beautiful today. I shook my head, nows not the time to marvel at the scenery. I turned to look down the hallway. Instead of seeing the brightly colored geometric patterns of the decor as I expected I was caught in the snare of two venom-green orbs.

I practically jumped out of my skin and shrieked at the unexpected guest. My chest heaved as I tried to calm myself down. It's just Maddison. Whew. 

I placed my hand over my chest, relieved. "What are you doing awake?"

"I can't wait to tell Jule's you're trying to burn everyone again." The smooth and airy voice I was used to was now nasal and annoying.

Crap. It's Madeleine. I stepped away from her and she closed the distance between us. As she approached me, she passed through the sliver of sunlight that flooded from between the curtains and her skin immediately tinged red but she didn't flinch. She continued to mimic my steps until her face was again shrouded in shadows and to my amazement her scorched skin slowly faded back to match the rest of her milky flesh. 

"No, don't tell him!" I rushed to find an excuse. "I was going to close it, I swear. I just - "

She shoved me into the wall and hissed. I continued to stammer out excuses until she clasped my mouth shut and haulted my incoherent babbles. She looked at me, smug and obviously ready to rat me out. I squinted my eyes at her. You know what? If I'm going to get in trouble anyways...I might as well make it worth the pain. I cranked my mouth open and bit down into her hand with all the strenght I could muster.