The Infection

2 pm
I slowly opened up my eyes. I stand up as I walk to the kitchen. I saw Theresa cooking.
"You haven't ate your lunch" she said.
I wasn't even hungry that time so I refuse to eat. I told her that I will be at the supermarket to buy some snacks. I'm a snack lover. I don't usually eat rice, both of us rather. Theresa doesn't have a family either. She's just 22 when she found me at a hospital. So the two of us have been together for years and I'll admit that she is like a sister, a mother and a bestfriend to me.
I walked out our house and started to ride the bike. We don't have a bike but our neighbor is so kind that they let me use this whenever I want. They are old ones as they always say the sunset of their lives. They want to cherish their lives so much. They also used to bring some cookies to ours and Theresa used to bring them hopia it's a Filipino Food. People like this is such an inspiration to me because they are so brave to face death.
Few minutes ago, I arrived at the supermarket as usual people around here talks about science. Uggh. Smart people always have issue about this. They always make theories that doesn't really sound interesting. People use bikes as their transportation. Such an eco-friendly people.
I enter the supermarket with shame. Seriously, it feels that I don't fit to them.
I grab some tortillas and chips then I go to the counter.
I was about to put my foods but someone walked through me.
"Hey!" I shrieked.
He looked at me. Oh? He's young. Maybe around 20 I guess.
"Sorry—I have to—" I never understand what he said because I was caught off guard. Next thing I knew is the cashier asking me to pay what I buy. I don't usually see a man about my age. Usually it's old or it's young. But he didn't got my full attention. I think I'm just amazed. I start the wheels then go home.
I gave the bike to it's owner then I opened my room. I saw Theresa sleeping deeply. Maybe she's so tired. Then I heard a knock on the door.