Uncovering Secrets

Katherine's POV:

I open my eyes and sat down. A weird feeling rush through me, a very weird feeling. I don't know what came to his mind, maybe he cracked it or what but I just don't get it. I don't really get it. Why would he fall for someone who really loathe him? Why would he fall someone he hurt throughout the centuries?

I feel someone's presence in the room and at the corner of my eye, I caught him standing beside. I can't look at him, I just can't. I can't still believe it. I can't still believe those compulsion. Maybe it's just dreams, yes, that's right, maybe it's not really real. It's just one of the side effects of the thing that I drink.

But even though, why do I feel like this? Why does it feel different. I know, I know I've been longing for someone to at least care for me, but I didn't wish that someone would be him. But this explains it, this is why my feelings for him change a little bit. And this explains everything.

He's such a jerk, a monster, what does he think about me? Just some sort of toy that he can compel, talk to, and then make things forget?

And now I remembered...they are going to kill me! Elijah helped me and told me that he doesn't want to make the same mistakes again. At the very beginning they are already planning to kill me just to create a weapon that will truly destroy Dahlia.

I stand up and reach for the door but he use his vampire speed and block my way then he close the door and I back away at him a little. He just looks at the mirror then back at me. The next thing I knew, I slap him...hard. But he didn't seem to be angry, he didn't seem to clenched his jaw or glare back at me. He just accepted it. He just let it be.

I felt my strength fade away from me, I furrow my brows as I look at the floor. He looks at me but I just can't let him meet my eyes. I can't understand this, this is so vague, too vague for me to understand.

I can feel my eyes burning, and I know tears are threatening to roll down my cheeks but I took a gulp and force myself not to shed a tear. Damn, don't even know why I want to cry. Maybe because of these crazy feelings. Maybe because I feel betrayed, and tricked. I feel this hole in my heart. I feel the sadness and all of the pain.

"Why?" I heard myself suddenly asks.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did you compel me? Why did you hide?" I continued and he looks at me with sincerity and hurt in his eyes.

"Because I'm afraid, I'm afraid that if you know you would distance yourself from me. And because I always believe that love is just a weakness, and I am not weak." I felt my heart skip a beat. Then I look at him seriously. Our eyes meeting each other.

"You are a coward. What did you think about me? A sort of toy? And this! This killing me concept...you want to know what I feel right now? I feel betrayed Klaus! I thought that everything is fine, that I finally can get the chance to live a life without someone trying to kill me. I thought that living with you, is already fine. That you wouldn't want to kill me anymore, that you wouldn't want to hurt me. I felt comfortable towards you, I felt that you aren't really that bad, heck, to be honest, I'm already beginning to trust you... but this! All of this! How can I be such a fool?" I said nearly shouting and he just stared at me and he took a gulp and step closer to me but I step away from him.

"I didn't mean it." He said almost in a whisper and I felt my blood boiling. Is that what he is going to say? He didn't mean it? Really?

"I didn't meant to hurt you." This is ridiculous. He is being ridiculous.

"Of course you did! You did! Don't say that after all those centuries you didn't mean to hurt me!" I shouted and I saw his face turn seriously.

"All my life, all I ever wanted is to be love, to be accepted, to be cared about. But I-I just can't believe that you...this-this is a mistake Klaus, a very big mistake." I stated and there were silence in between us. But then it was broken when he said something.