6

Bailey was preparing dinner; tonight was Thursday, which was Spaghetti Night. This week was her turn for cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Devin was beside her but he only assisted because he had a talent, for making secret sauces. And what was a spaghetti dinner without Devin's Magic Mix? Bailey wasn't a bad chef, no one complained, except herself. She was an extreme perfectionist, if she found something wrong, then it was considered wrong in the World. She was tall, but looked dangerous in her leather motorcycle jacket.

She planted her feet, firmly and perfect; even her sneakers were leather, she looked like a fighter, with a high ponytail with long bangs. Her eyes were focused and alert, until something distracted her.

"Ow!" Devin yanked on her hair.

"That's for the muffin." He whispered.

A burst of air distracted her. Everyone greeted Tense; she noticed Anne and Liam.

"Hey guys, Happy New Year! Liam, you still paranoid?" Tense asked

"Always, luv." he joked. Nate walked up to her; he had on his serious face.

"Peter--" Nate began to explain

"I did something...really bad.  It involved an H-U." Peter chose to finish, he was slightly out of breath. Nate sighed and sat down.

"What happened?" Liam inquired

Just then, Sebastian emerged from his office. "Tense, you can tell me what you found about Charles...later. Right now, Peter is going to make certain that this...civilian is alright. Aren't you, son?"

"Of course. B-But she might be okay!"

"And she might not. So you're going to check, aren't you?" He asked, the boy nodded in surrender and headed outside. 

The Scientist looked to everyone else.

"Valerie--" everyone flinched at the sound of her name, and he sighed from annoyance.

 "Alright, enough of that. Valerie is on her WAY here. So, I will be the one to break the news to her. For now, it's almost dinnertime."