Chapter 8

Jackie smiled at Kate from across William. They were sitting in the royal box in the Olympic Stadium in London, watching the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics. It was time for the Queen's grand entrance which had been worked into a clever little movie feature Daniel Craig, aka James Bond.

"This is so exciting," Kate whispered, leaning over William so Jackie could hear over the dull roar of voices in the stadium.

"She's going to look so sweet," Jackie whispered back.

The stadium darkened a bit, causing a wave of excited murmurs to spread around. On the massive screen, Jackie watched as Daniel Craig, James Bond, arrived at Buckingham Palace in a black taxi. He got out, striding through the familiar halls of the palace. Jackie beamed as James Bond entered the Queen's office, the camera panning to Harry's grandmother sitting at her writing desk. She looked lovely in a blush pink dress and a matching feathered hat.

Butterflies fluttered in Jackie's stomach at the sight of her and Harry's wedding portrait sitting amongst other framed photos on the desk. The significance of the moment struck her to her bones.

"Good evening, Mr. Bond," the Queen greeted, standing from her desk and leading the way out of her sitting room.

Even Monty, Willow, and Holly, the Queen's 3 corgis, made an appearance. The audience 'awwed' at the sight of the cute little dogs, but Jackie and Kate exchanged a glance. They happened to know that the corgis acted like bats out of hell, chasing and nipping at the heels of most guests of the Queen. Jackie was personally terrified of the little dogs, preferring to keep herself and Rupert as far away from them as possible.

The movie showed the Queen and James Bond get into a helicopter, making a scenic flight over London. Then, as the helicopter arrived at the Olympic Stadium in the movie, a helicopter just like it actually appeared over the stadium. The crowd erupted in cheers as two figures parachuted from the helicopter, supposedly the Queen and James Bond.

"Go Granny!" William cheered. Jackie and Kate laughed, absolutely loving the film.

Jackie stood along with the others in the stadium, smiling and clapping as the Queen made her grand entrance upon the end of the clever little film. She watched the remainder of the opening ceremony in awe, trying to capture moments of it like photographs in her head. Being the Duchess of Windsor had created such incredible opportunities for Jackie, leading her to do and experience things she had never imagined. If someone had told her 3 years ago that she would be watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics in the royal box, just a few feet away from the Queen, who just happened to be her grandmother-in-law, she would have thought they were absolutely insane.

Jackie turned to the man to her left. "Harry, do you-" She stopped, seeing William looking at her with softened eyes. "Oh, god. Sorry," Jackie said with an embarrassed laugh. "I thought, for a second- you must think I'm losing my mind."

"Don't apologize," William said. He smiled. "We look alike."

Jackie gave Will and pat on the arm. She was shocked at herself, thinking for a split second that William was Harry, totally forgetting that he was gone. Contrary to what Jackie had thought, she clearly wasn't getting used to Harry being gone.

---

"Let's give a round of applause to The Duchess of Windsor, who came up with the idea of creating a Kensington Palace twitter account," Elizabeth said, motioning to Jackie.

The public relations staff that had gathered around the table in one of Kensington Palace's conference rooms clapped and smiled at Jackie, who blushed from her seat at the end of the table.