Chapter 11

"His Highness's car has arrived," said Chris, Jackie's body guard, looking up from his palace-issued iPhone. "You can wait for him up here, or go down to meet him outside."

"Outside, of course," Jackie said, making sure her sleeveless white lace dress looked presentable in one of the mirrors of the 8-room suite in the Encore Wynn resort on Sunset strip. The beautiful suite had an impressive view from floor-to-ceiling windows, state of the art bathrooms and kitchen, even a small gym and a pool table. The owner of the incredible hotel had contacted Jackie personally before she checked in 2 days before, telling her that she needn't pay for anything, and to help herself to the restaurants and spas in the resort. She had a wonderful time, tanning by the pools, getting massages and facials and pedicures in the spa, and eating at a five-star restaurant for every meal. The other guests at the resort usually gawked and tried to snap discreet photos when they first saw her, but usually got over it and left her alone after a few minutes. Though she was alone, thinking of seeing Harry had made it much more enjoyable.

Jackie walked quickly, Chris on her tail, to the elevator. The suite was on the 63rd floor, complete with three master suites, one for Jackie and Harry, one for Harry's copilot, David, and his wife Chrissie, and the other for friends Harry and David had met on base, James and Isaac. Chrissie and Jackie had grown close over the months of Harry and Davids' deployment, meeting for lunch and supporting each other, so Jackie was looking forward to Chrissie's arrival later that evening.

Jackie tapped her foot as the elevator made the slow descent, about ready to wrench the doors open herself when they finally slid open to the lobby. As usually, she turned heads as she hurried to the door, but wasn't mobbed as she sometimes was in London.

Jackie burst out into the sweltering desert heat, her eyes adjusting to the light. Her stomach turned as she saw Harry climbing out of a black car, looking strong and healthy in sunglasses, a blue dress shirt, and khakis. She rushed over, throwing her arms around him, the sudden feeling of being home rushing over her.

 She rushed over, throwing her arms around him, the sudden feeling of being home rushing over her

"Hey!" Harry greeted, hugging Jackie tighter than ever. She laughed, relishing in the feeling of his arms around her. He smelled so familiar, his skin felt so familiar, and his voice sounded so familiar. It was as if she had almost forgotten the simplest things of his presence and was able to experience them for the first time.

"I- You- I'm just so happy to see you," Jackie gushed, kissing Harry's lips, cheeks, nose- all over.

"I missed you so much," said Harry, still squeezing Jackie.

"So did I." Jackie pulled back, just admiring Harry's face and smiling. She felt as though her chest was going to burst with happiness.

Jackie greeted David with a hug and was introduced to James and Isaac, both appearing to be in their late 20s, and with the same mischievous glint in their eyes that Harry had. The valet service loaded the small amount of luggage each of the men had brought back from Camp Bastion- Harry had asked Jackie to pack him a suitcase for their 2 night stay.