Chapter 17

"What do you mean you have no where to go?" I asked Callie, "Everyone has at least somewhere to go. Whether it's grandparents, aunt and uncle, or even a friend."

Callie look down, fiddling with her fingers, "I don't have no one, Demi." I shook my head, "I don't believe that, Callie."
Callie stood up throwing her arms to her side, "Demi, I have no one, okay? My parent...you know how they are. I can't just go back there. My grandparents are dead, and my aunt and uncle live half way across the US and then my other Aunt is in Brazil doing a study for school over there. And...I never had a true friend, my only friend is you, Demi."

I grabbed her cold hand and squeezed it; letting her knowing that it's okay. "So, that's why I'm staying her at least till I'm 18. Which is in 7 months. Once that happens, luckily, they will think I'm "better" and let me go. I'll try to make it on my own some how."

"Callie, I don't think you've thought this threw well."

"Why?" She asked with a confused expression on her face. "Because, yes you will get out, yes you will be on your own at 18, but that's the point. You will be on your own, no money, no job, with no one to help you rise and get on your feet...you just won't survive."

Callie let go, "I'll manage."

"Quit being so stubborn, Callie!" I said, growing furious at her stubbornness, "You need to think this threw and have respect for yourself!"

"I have respect for myself!" Callie said, defensively.

I chuckled sarcastically, "Oh, I forgot, you never had that problem. You never harmed yourself or even need treatment, did you?!"

Callie look emotional list. I covered my mouth realizing what I just said. Callie shook her head with tears forming in her eyes, "Thanks for being a good friend," she said sarcastically, storming out of our room.

I sat down on her bed with my elbows on my knees and my hands rubbing my face. Why the hell did I just say that to her? Why did I get so mad about her wanting to get out of here? I mean, I can't blame her, but I shouldn't have thrown that in her face. She had her reason for being in here.

I got up and walk over to her desk. I look at the picture she drew of us. It was so beautiful and she's so talented. I pick up her sketch book and began to flip threw it. A sketch of a girl sketching. I smiled at that, I thought that was creative.

There was one of girl, half of her was a mess and depressed, and the other half she was happy and healthy.

Then, a sketch of a family. They mom, father, and child had swim wear on, but where the father's head was suppose to be...was a beer bottle, and where the head was suppose to be on the mother was a pill bottle. The little baby had a head but no detail on the face. It was blank.

I look up on her desk, and in a picture frame was the same picture she sketch. I sat the sketch pad down and grab the frame. They all seems so happy then, I guess this was before they did the things they did. I sat the picture frame back down before hunting for Callie.

I went out to the garden where she usually hangs out, but she wasn't there. I then went to look in the activity room and she wasn't there. I started to walk to the front desk, but I found her. She was sitting on the couch in the lobby.

I signed and went to sit down beside her. She tuck a strain of hair behind her ear. Her nose and eyes were read. You could see the trail the tears left behind on her face.

"I really don't want to talk to you."

I sighed, "Call-"

"No, Demi!" She stood up, "Okay, I never had a friend before! I look up to you, listen to your music, watch your show, and movies. Then I was blessed to call you my actual friend! Then, when I finally trust someone, you ruin that by throwing my secret in my face! Really? Yeah, I may never had a friend before, but I'm pretty damn sure they don't throw the things that hurt you the most, or your regrets in your face!"

"Callie, calm down. I don't want to put you down again this week. You seen what happens to the patients here who shots more then twice in a week." One of the nurses said. Callie rolled her eyes and sat down. She room a deep breathe so she could calm down.

She was looking down with her short curly hair covering her face. She shook her head, "My parents hate me, I have no family, and then my only friend wasn't really my friend." My heart drop to my stomach. I didn't know I hurt her this bad. "For once I wish someone would come in my life and be good to me and love me." She got up and walk off crying.

I laid my head back. I don't know what to do. I've seen Callie upset, but with the stuff she just said and how she is still reacting. Seems like she's at a breaking point. And I don't know what to do. I want to be there for her, but she no longer wants me to I guess.

Damn, I'm such a horrible friend.

"Hello, I'm sorry visiting hours or over sir." I turn my head over a little to see a man at the front desk. He had on dark brown shoes, khakis with a hunter green shirt on. He was skinny and tall. He don't even look like has showered in days.

"But I'm here to see my daughter." He said, "I told her I would."

"And who is that, sir?"

"Her name is Callie."

___________
Awe, I felt sad writing this. Just imagining how Callie feels, but how she is going to feel since her dad has shown.

What do you think is going to happen?!?

Comment below and vote!

-Haley & Deanna