Chapter 6

Callie's Pov

In a way I am glad that Demi sat with me for class, but, on the other hand, she will either get out of here before me and we will never speak again or she will just find someone from the other table who is way better, let's face it, they all would make much better friends than I will.

Demi's Pov

I don't know what it is about Callie, but I really like her; she is not like the others who are loud and only want to know me because of who I am, she is quiet and reserved and I like that about her. I know that she doesn't want me to sit with her because she thinks that the other people here will shut me out, but, to be honest I don't really care if they do; Callie seems way nicer than all of them put together.

I only wish that Callie would open up a bit more, and feel as if that she can actually talk to me. I wonder sometimes why she is here, why she has been here so long, why she hasn't been discharged yet.

We both sat down at the same table and pulled out our work that we had been sent from our schools, I am homeschooled so my work is from my mom. She has sent me a bit of Math and a bit of English. I hate Math and the English task is a free writing task about family; that figures. I opened up my notepad (which mom had also sent over) and started to write on the lined paper inside. I glanced over at Callie who had pulled out what looked like a Math textbook and a workbook with squared paper in it. She began to answer the questions from the textbook in her workbook without looking up.

I looked back down at my blank piece of lined paper and began to write 'Families, where do you start? At the beginning maybe, but the depends on the family. Some families are big, others small.'

I looked up at Callie again, she still had her nose in her book and was still writing the answers to her Math problems.

"Time to go back to your rooms" the lady who was looking after us said "You need to get ready for dinner"

We all got up and grabbed our things, I waited for Callie and walked with her to our room. "Did you get much done?" I asked as we walked 

"A little" she replied

When we got to our room I slumbed down on my bed, I wasn't hungry and sure as hell didn't plan on going to dinner. What's the point, I'm already fat. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes.

There was a knock on our door followed by a lady calling us for dinner, I heard Callie get up from her desk, which, was next to her bed and walk towards the door "You coming?" she asked

"Nah" I replied, opening my eyes a little

I saw Callie shrug her shoulders and then say "You do realise that they'll make you"

"Oh no they won't. They can't force me" I replied

"Ok then" she said as she walked out the door

10 minutes later a lady walked in and said "Demi you need to go down to the dining hall now and have something to eat!"

"I'm not hungry" I replied

"Demi, you need to eat something"

"Well, I don't want to" I said starting to get angry

"Are you refusing to?"

"I sure am!" I said raising my voice

The lady then walked out of the room while writing something on her clipboard.

Soon enough Callie came back into the room "They didn't make you?" she questioned

"Nope"  replied

"Oh"

"Yeah, I told them I was refusing and she just walked out"

"Oh" she replied with a puzzle expression across her face

I laid back down again and closed my eyes, wondering why Callie pushes me away so much, why she doesn't seem to want to be friends, no matter how hard I try. And why, she keeps trying to get me to be friends with the other girls in here?

I heard Callie pull the chair out from her desk and then sit down and open her sketchpad, I then heard the light sound as she pulled her pencil across the page.

Callie's Pov

I have no idea why they didn't make Demi eat, I thought she was meant to be told to eat and that was it, obviously not. When I got back to our room I sat back down at my desk, took out my sketchpad and started drawing. I glanced over to Demi, she was asleep, I think. I plugged in my earphones and searched through my playlist until I found the perfect song, I love this singer, shame she doesn't know it. I hope she doesn't find out. As much as I want her to, I know tht if she did she would just think that I was like everyone else that wanted to be friends with her, just because of who she is. I don't want that because then Demi will find a way to leave me; like everyone else did.