08│SCHOOL

0.8; School

" It is like hogwarts, but for mutants "

- Odessa Nilles 

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

      JAMES CARRIED ODESSA out of the quinjet. He noticed that Pietro had landed on a sub-terrenial base. From a far he could see a set of people running towards them. Pietro zoomed in to stand next to James who had stiffen. "They are with us." Pietro told them. A man with a weird haircut - in James' eyes - glared at him. 

"Oh gosh, what happened." A woman said, taking a look of the tired Odessa. The blonde had fallen sleep on the way here. The woman had silvered hair, and was watching Odessa with worry in her eyes.

"We were attack. They found where we were hiding." Pietro explained. "Steve, Natasha and Tony." Pietro explained. 

"Pietro, go and get a stretcher and Hank. He is on his lab." Logan ordered. The man looked at the ex-assasin blanky. "Who are you?" He asked James. 

"James. I saved her life." He told him with the same cold voice. 

"What happened to the rest?" The man behind Logan or James Howlett said. He was around the same age as Odessa. His name was Bobby Drake, or better known as Iceman. 

"They stayed behind to distract the others." James explained, looking down at Odessa. In a second, Pietro had zoomed in with Hank McCoy. Then he ran off and returned with a bed. James carefully put Odessa on the bed. Watching as Hank and Storm - Ororo Monroe - took Odessa to the infirmary. 

"Who did that to Odessa?" Wolverine asked James. 

"Steve," James mumbled, fighting his fist. "Who are you?" James asked Logan. 

"James Howlett or Logan." Wolverine told him. 

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

James sat one the chair next to Odessa's hospital bed. Gambit had gotten in touch with the team, and it was up to James to tell Odessa the bad news: Wanda was taken. She had stayed back to let the others go back. James had contracted them, telling them to hide. Surpriensely, they believed him. 

A loud scream, got James attention. Odessa stood up from her bed, looking around franatically. James reached for her, but she jumped back in fear. "Odessa, look at me. It's okay. You are safe. It's okay." James told her, taking her face in his hands. Odessa was shaking beneath him. Th fear clouded her brain, and fogged her eyes. 

"Steve...he..." Odessa started, but James cut her off. 

"I know. It's okay. You are safe with me. You are safe." James told her, pulling her into a hug. Odessa let out a small sob. 

"I hate it when people see me cry. I hate being sad. I hate feeling like this." Odessa told James. James hugged her tightly and he carefully looked down at the bruise and scratches on her back. "It hurts to talk." She whispered. 

"I know. I know." James said softly. I'm not letting anything happen to you as log as I'm here." James told her. Odessa shook her head and pulled away from the embrace. "What's wrong?" James asked her, felling Odessa break piece by piece each second. 

"I don't know what to do." Odessa whispered. "I don't want to depend on you or anybody anymore." Odessa told him, pulling herself up from the bed, taking out the oxygen tubes from her nose. James stood up from the bed quickly. Odessa saw this and raised her hand. "Stop it. Stay where you are. I don't need your help." Odessa added, setting  food on the floor. She took one step, ignoring the natious feeling in her stomach. James was to take a step towards but she snapped at it. "I don't want your help. I can do it by myself." Odessa yelled at him. It was the truth, she hated the feeling of always needing help; specially now.