8

"5....4....3" the timer which is like a hover box above the horn of the cornucopia, spinning around. "..2..1" he jumps off his pedal stool and dives perfectly into the water, he sees that the tributes have only just come off the pedal stools and are just doggy paddling, Well they didn't grow up init the water so this could be a breeze he thinks as he pushes himself up onto the rocks and starts to run the rest of the way. He gets to the grey metal trident in heaps of time to spare before anyone he other tributes are here. He looks across around the other side of the cornucopia and sees...Katniss. 'Katniss?' He thinks, how did she swim so good?
He sees her a second before she sees him and they have a 2 second glance as she raises her bow at him, he moves his arm toward showing her the gold bangle, originally Haymitch's given by Effie. She glances at it and looks sternly at him. "Good thing were allies." He purrs, "Where did you get that." She says to him and points with her eyes to the bangle. "Where do you think?" He questions as he looks up with a man running towards Katniss with a knife. "Duck" as soon as he says it she ducks and he throws the trident square in his chest. "Don't trust 1 and 2, I'll take this side, you hold them off. I'll go find Peeta." He says as he walks to the other side of the cornucopia retrieving is trident from the fallen tribute.  He comes back around again to Katniss's side of the cornucopia, "Mags found him." He walks over with Katniss half running behind him. She sees Mags look at Finnick and point to Peeta wrestling with another tribe next to a pedal stool. They hit eachother multiple times and both go under water, half a minute later a canon goes, making Katniss' heart drop but then sees him emerge from the after dazed and confused as he looks around and he smiles as his eyes meet hers. As soon as he is on the rocks she's already got him in a cuddle with his head on her chest. As he mumbles "it's ok, it's ok, I'm ok, it's ok." Into her chest calming her down.
After a minute or so she has calmed down and they start walking Peeta in front, Mags on Finnicks back and Katniss behind, this doesn't go well with Finnick but he doesn't want to cause trouble. As they walk it gets hotter as they get further away from the cornucopia and into the rainforest. Sweat trickles down Mags forehead and onto Finnick's neck with he notices and tells the group to stay for a bit. As soon as they start to dehydrate, well they already were but they were feeling worse and more obvious to them. A noise comes from above, they all know that sound.
A sponsor gift.
Katniss is the first to reach and aggressively opens it, by the face she's making, is enjoyable to Finnick as he chuckles. She looks over to him and he stops abruptly. "Sorry." He says holdi back chuckles, "laugh if you want, I don't mind more water, more for us I guess." She says and nods to Mags and Peeta. He furrows his eyebrows at her which makes her smirk. "Whatever just hand over the water." He says as he gets a big leaf and fills it with water carrying it to Mags as Peeta and Katniss take turns Finnick comes and drinks the drops coming out of the spiel.
"..I'm going to fish, I saw a lake when I was sussing out the cornucopia before the timer went off." He says while looking north. "Anyone wanna come." He says after a long pause, most likely coming out of his thoughts. "Sure I'll come." Katniss pipes up, "no harm in combining" she turns to Peeta, "let mags sleep until we get back."she takes his face in her hands and kisses him, once they parted they murmur 'I love you'

"Where did you find the lake?" She asks looking around and still not found the lake.
"Just up there" he points and by her squinting her eyes she sees it and let's out a "Ohhh"

After they fish,well Finnick fished Katniss just stood they awkwardly until he offered her the trident and let her fish.

Tick,tick 

Tick,tick

Tick,tick

Tick,tick