Chapter 7

I was crying out in pain. I just wanted it to stop. "Please, please stop it. It hurts, it hurts!" I screamed. Tears were moving quickly down my face. I looked at the door. My only exit seemed like a far away dream now.

A shadow quickly moved into the doorway. My vision was blurred, so i widened my eyes and saw Chloe. A tear dribbled down her face. Luke looked up from his Torture Me session and watched Chloe as she silently walked into the room. She gently took the unfriendly knife from Luke's steady, hard hand and threw it into a dusty corner of the room. She stood there, looking at the heavy, thick blood ooze out from my lower arm. She then walked over and searched through the drawers. I just watched. I found that if i concentrated on her every move then it would take away the pain in my arm. She pulled out a roll of bandage and medical tape, when Luke saw what she was doing, he sighed angrily. He really didn't like me.

He walked away from the room and said, "You're just like Mum..." She ignored him and walked over to me and gave me a small pained smile, of which i returned. I looked over at Levi. He was stood silently and still.

"Levi, are you alright? Don't listen to Luke. You're better off being you. Don't be like them." He looked up at me. "You help people, that's what you should do." He nodded solemnly. He walked over to me and took over from Chloe. While Levi was fixing my arm Chloe silently unstrapped me from the table. I closed my eyes as i tried to banish the pain away. I felt Chloe's soft, perfect hands run through my hair. It was only minutes later that Levi was done fixing my arm. 

He turned to Chloe. "Chloe I-..." She put her hand up to silence him, while tears trickled down her face. Levi hung his head in clear guilt.

She placed her arm around my waist and lifted me off the table. I heard her supressing tears, she looked like she was about to break down. She dragged me down the hall onto the Mental Corrections Unit and found a wheelchair. She placed me onto the chair and whispered, "Cover your face with your hair so nobody recognises you." I did as she said and then i was worried what she meant by recognising me. Who did i have to watch out for? Dracs? Korse? Luke? She wheeled me into the lift and hit a button.

When we reached her room, there was a black and white cat sleeping on her bed. Her room was full of them. There were cats on her table, on her chair, all over the floor, and one it the kitty litter tray. How didn't i see them before? They were everywhere. She rolled me over to the bed and helped me on.

"Are you okay?" She asked me. She had a very worried expression. I decided that even if i wasn't, i would lie to make her feel better.

"I'm fine. Although i do wish that i wasn't here." I confessed. Chloe looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"So you'd rather be out there in the clod desert than be in a clean and warm building." She asked. 

"Chloe, your dad killed all of my family and friends 4 years ago. He tried to kill me, your brother Luke tried to kill me, and i have a friends out there. I just want to be with them. I can't stand being anywhere near Korse, let alone in the same building as him. He totally hates me."

"Well, you could try, i mean, it is hard to get used that but you'll be fine. Luke is okay, once you get to know him." I laughed quietly. Luke wasn't nice, he was exactly like Korse. "They won't hurt you, i promise." I hated promises, they never last, and they get broken even if they're by accident.

"Yeah, but my Killjoy friends saved me from him. If it weren't for them i'd be dead, all they're gonna do is split us up and kill me. I hate to tell you this Chloe, but your Dad's a monster."

"You think i don't know that. I am around him every single day. It looks like i'm the only decent one in my family." She told me. It sounded like she was ashamed of them. I would be too, although Levi was pretty cool. He'd be a great brother.