Chapter Six - Roommates?

"So, how have you been? I haven't heard from you for years, Alice," Delirious says to his sister, giving her a small smile. She genuinely smiles back, running a hand through her brown and blue hair.

They sat at the dining room table, Alice with her head in her palm. She looked at Delirious with her blue and green eyes, that resembled a weird version of poison. She was poison.

"No," she replies after thinking. "I've been looking for you and Nathan for so long. I finally found you, and run into that stupid girl. Who did she think she is? Some kind of hero?"

Delirious sighs, shaking his head. "Nicole thought you were an intruder. You can't blame her for this, Alice. She is a good person, I've seen it."

Alice scoffs, her voice going higher. "You don't like her, do you, Jonathan?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, she is our friend."

"No. Like, love her, kind of like. Please tell me you don't," she pleaded, looking into his eyes. Her worry went away when he laughed. She giggled, slugging him in his shoulder.

"Nah. She is nice and all, but no. I think I know who might, though." He tells her, ready to spread a rumor. She looks at him with delight, before looking at the clock. It was three in the morning. "Well, do you?"

She shook her head vigorously. "I can't! I have to go, it's three in the morning."

"So?"

She sighed, getting out of her seat. Jonathan follows suit, ready to chase her out of the house. Her gaze falls onto a teddy bear he had set on the table, that she gave him when they were younger. She was the sweetest twin sister ever. Jonathan reaches out and grabs her elbow, pleading with his eyes for her not to go.

"I just got to see you again," he pleads. "Don't leave me again. Think about Nathan, and how much he'll want to see you, Insanity."

That was her nickname he gave her. She gave him Delirious, and he gave her Insanity. They matched pretty well. She shook her head once more.

"Okay then." He lets go of her. "At least tell me why."

"Do I really have to?" He nods. "Fine. It all started when you and Nathan left. Mother noticed your note, and she went into a mood. I even got some of the consequences, considering I'm your sister.

"Isn't it funny how Nathan is her real child, and he decided to leave? Well, yeah, mother screamed over and over about how adopting children just made things go bad, and how I was a good-for-nothing whore. She wanted to kick me out, but then she realized I could be good for something.

"I clean the dishes," she sniffles, "I do the laundry. I clean the house. No complaints, or fa-father bri-b-brings out the b-belt. Jonny, I'm scared. I don't want to go back, I'll be in so much trouble when they realized I went out. Please," she gripped his arm, begging for him to help, "help me."

The room goes silent, and Jonathan watches as his sister cries. Finally, after he hadn't answered for a full minute, she sinks back. A look of sorrow goes across her face as she sobs.

"I knew it," she whispers, standing up. "I knew it was a long run. Tell Nathan that I love him, and hopes he will be okay. You'll do that for me, right Jonny? Just keep staring at that wall, and maybe hope that one day you'll be nicer."

She starts out the door, but Jonathan finally speaks. "I think I could make room for you, sis."

"How," she asks.

"I'm making you and Nicole share a room."

~•~°~•~

"Are you kidding me, Jonny?" Alice asks, looking around the vacant room. Nicole smiles at her. She didn't understand how good this was. "This is tiny, it smells, and I don't care, but it's pink."

Nicole laughs. "We can paint it, Alice."

Alice shoots her a death glare. "You call me Insanity, understood?"

Nicole just shrugged. She wasn't afraid of this girl.

"Yes," Delirious said. "You guys get to go shopping together, to get all your women room necessities. Maybe even food," he perks up at the word 'food'.

He left the room, leaving the two girls alone. Nicole was smiling while Alice was scowling at her smile. Without a word, the twin flopped down on the floor, pulling out her cell phone.

"Hey," Nicole says, "are we gonna go or what?"

"What."

"Huh?"

"You said are we gonna go or what. I said what. It's an answer, ain't it? Plus, I don't do shopping. You can go." Alice stayed staring at her phone screen, a smirk across her heart shaped face.

"Aw, hell no!" Nicole exclaims, and grabs Alice's arms. "You're coming with me, or I'll drag you there."

"I'd like to see you try, shorty."

And Nicole dragged Alice out of the room.