Chapter Nine: Birthday Plans

A/N: READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!

Without paying attention, Nicole rolled off her bed. She landed on the hard wooden floor. A groan escaped her mouth. Alice jolted up, always ready for an intruder. When she noticed Nicole on the floor, she slowly got up.

"Are you okay?" she asks, about to go near Nicole.

"No," Nicole groaned in reply.

"I'll go get Evan."

"No."

"I'll come help you, then."

"Please."

So, with that word, Alice darted over to Nicole. She helped her up, and Nicole felt her head. A small bump was there, nothing more, nothing less. She let her arm fall limp at her side.

She slipped back into bed, Alice doing the same.

"Good night, Insanity."

But all Alice could think about as she shut her eyes, was how she wished everything could be normal.

~°~•~°~

The house gradually got louder as everyone woke up. David started cooking Bacon and eggs, and Tyler was still trying to find Masked and Delirious. All he said was that they were going to pay for their prank.

Everyone was gathered around the kitchen, and talk of birthdays came up. Evan said his was in May, and Daithi said his was in June. It kept on going.

Finally, it was Nicole's turn. She picked up a piece of bacon.

"Nicole, when is your birthday?" Evan asks, and everyone turns to her. She swallowed the piece of food and started tapping on the table.

"Well," she says, "what is today?"

"February twenty-eighth."

"Oh. My birthday's tomorrow then."

She keeps eating her food like nothing happened, while everyone is looking at one another. Elliot smiles, and leans over to whisper something to Lori. Lori does the same to Alice, who passes it onto Zoe. Then they all sat there was huge smiles stuck onto their faces, not speaking a word.

"What?"

Then, Elliot stands up and walks over to where her brother sits, and whispers to him. A smile immediately goes onto his face.

"Will you guys just tell me?"

Evan to Lui, Lui to Tyler, Tyler to Craig, Craig to Brock, Brock to David... it kept going on until they all smiled at the girl with the frown.

"Tell me!"

"No," Tyler announces.

Then they all leave the table, with Nicole scurrying behind them, demanding they tell her what they were talking about.

~•~°~•~

"Here," Evan says, walking into Alice's and Nicole's room. He throws a box towards Nicole, who catches it with ease. "Study it. Understand it. It will be a great piece for tomorrow." He winks and steps out.

Nicole studies the box, and Alice comes over and joins her. Her brown/blue hair lands in front of her face, but she swipes it away.