5. Distraction Squirrels

Bold = Com-Link or Mental Conversation (You'll know which)
Italics = Team's or Renegade's Thoughts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renegade's POV

When, I woke up, the water bucket was full. The flooded floor around it was a slippery mess, but the task of cleaning it could be done later. I'll take a shower first. But, my earpiece, which in my rush I hadn't taken off, vibrated. I touched my fingers to it, listening in. Now what?

In one of my first weeks in returning to Gotham, I was able to hack the frequency the League (and recently, the Team) used to communicate. Screw showers. I ran across the wood floor, barley missing the puddle, and went into the room with my... stuff.

The room was just as luxurious as the rest of the building. The floors were darker shade of wood than outside and the walls were painted to be a light, almost-white blue versus the darker colors in the rest of the house. The wall's blue mimicked the purest sky that you could have ever imagined. You would have thought that you had died and went to heaven.

If only I was that lucky. I was my fault. They should be alive. We should be together. But life is never fair. The time when the sky decides to mimic the walls, I would be meeting my parents.

In the room was training gear, a spare motorcycle leaning against a table with tools, and a table filled with laptops and cameras.

I ran straight to the table and sat down into the office chair. Then I hacked one of my many laptops to the current frequency. I leaned back against the chair and used the tips of my feet to spin the chair. I kept spinning till the static was replaced by the steady voice of Batman.

"Black Canary."

"Yes?"

"I need you to give the Team their mission. The file I have just sent will explain all of the details."

"Understood."

"Good. I will be ba-"

"But, what about the masked child that lives in that section of Gotham?"

"What about Renegade?"

"Exactly! Should I warn the Team and expla-"

"There is no need for that. Everything that you must say will be in the file. Just make sure that it gets through to their minds that there should be no interaction with him."

"Got it."

"What! Does he not have nothing else to say about me!... I feel insulted." I was mock pouting now as I pulled up the file that was also, unknowingly to them, sent to me. "Well. I can't have someone having shipping Venom rip-offs on my turf.

I jumped out of the chair and ran to my bedroom. I got changed into my outfit (of course, after taking a shower) and grabbed an apple.

I was prepared to jump through the skylight in the living room again, when I saw the bucket full of water. NOTE TO SELF: PUT AWAY THE STINKING BUCKET. I climbed out and fell down to the alley next door. I grabbed my black and red motorcycle and sped off to the coordinates assigned by Batman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team's POV

The trip so far was unnaturally silent. The usual atmosphere of seriousness and preparation was replaced by confusion. And in some cases, anger. 

Roy: "Again! They've lied and kept secrets from us again!"

Wally: "They didn't mean too the first time."

Kaldur: "There is no reason to be upset. We must be prepared for the mission."

Megan: "But, still...? Why haven't we heard of something before? Most of us have been doing this for about a month and half now."

Roy: "Because the League doesn't trust us with anything!"

Kaldur: "That's enough! We all know that the League does have some trust in us or we wouldn't be here!"

After that, the usual atmosphere was resurfaced but only to forget the recent argument. Sooner than any of them wanted to, they had arrived in Gotham. The coordinated led them to an old, broken storage factory for keeping timber. It was on the edge of the city, surrounded by thick oak trees.

Following Kaldur's command, they walked out of the bishop, towards the building. The trees above them shook, but it was proven to be only squirrels. They walked on. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renegade's POV

I was sitting in the trees, a couple of feet away from the landing location of the bishop. I knew that this was the closest, yet far enough so they weren't able to be seen, place for them to land. The rest of the Team walked behind Kaldur. 

I couldn't help but shake my head slightly. This is the special covert team Batsy's created? HA! Even though I barley moved my head, the tree leaves rustled, revealing that someone or something was there. They even stopped to look up. Luckily a couple of squirrels ran past me and jumped out of the protection of the leaves onto another tree. They took the distraction and continued 'sneaking'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update! I had a couple of tests coming up in school so I stopped writing for a while. Though, I somehow managed to write a head start to the next chapter without even finishing this one, but oh well. You guys get a sooner update!

Also started another Young Justice, (but centered around Robin), fanfic if you wanted to see.