Sneaky Bandit

Y/n's POV

"It's eating the oars!" Leo yelled. "Somebody stop it!" Jason had his sword drawn, Frank was knocking an arrow, and Hedge was using his baseball bat, but none of the weapon seemed to work. All three just bounced off of the turtle's skin and shell.

"Styx it's huge!" Nico commented from his spot in the crow's nest. "Go port!" Leo tried to turn the ship, but the turtle seemed to be everywhere. It could've been the size of an island for all I knew.

"How did it get so close?" Hazel asked. 

"It must be that shell," Leo guessed. "It's probably invisible to sonar. It's a freaking stealth turtle!" 

"Can the ship fly?" Piper quizzed. 

"With half our oars broken off? No way!" Leo exclaimed. "I'll have to try something else." 

"There!" Nico shouted and pointed up ahead. "Can you get us to those straits?" 

"Yeah. Jason, get away from that thing's head," Leo instructed. "I have an idea!"

"Come on, Coach," Jason urged and grabbed him to fly him back to the ship. Hedge struggled so much though that Jason's sword fell out of his hand and into the water below. "Aw come on!"

"Fire in the shell!" Leo cried out and slammed his hand down onto a button on the control panel. Jets of fire then blasted out from behind us, and we were propelled forward. I wrapped my arms around the mast, holding on for dear life as we shot across the waves. Within seconds, we were harbored in narrow water between two islands. Nico climbed down from the mast, concern gracing his features.

"Uh, guys? I don't think we're getting out of here anytime son. We're not in a straight," Nico informed us.

"We're in a dead end," Jason realized.

"This has to be a trap then," Hazel decided and glanced behind us. At the entrance to the strait, the large turtle was still waiting for us, and since we were surrounded by land, and we couldn't fly because of the damage to the ship's oars, that was the only way out.

"Well, at least the turtle can't get us," I point out. "We should be safe here." Not even a second later, an arrow sank into the mast, not even five inches from my head. I yelped and took a step back, bumping into Piper, and the two of us tumbled to the floor. "Oof. Sorry, Pipes."

"You're good," Piper returned as the two of us stood up. 

"Up there," Frank noticed and pointed to the top of one of the nearby plateaus. "Single shooter. Do you see him?" With the sun in my eyes, it was difficult to see anything, but I did somehow manage to catch a glimpse of someone wearing bronze armor standing at the ledge of the cliff.

"Who the heck is he?" Leo demanded. "And why is he firing at us?" 

"Guys? There's a note," Piper alerted us and gestured to the arrow. Hazel walked over and unrolled the scroll from the arrow, holding it in front of her.

"Stand and deliver," Hazel started. 

"f that guy is expecting a pizza delivery, forget it!" Hedge grumbled. 

"There's more. This is a robbery. Send three of your party to the top of the cliff with all your valuables. No more than three. And no flying or tricks. Just climb," Hazel read aloud.

Piper frowned. "Climb? Climb what?"

"Look," Nico murmured and nodded towards the cliff. "There's a small set of stairs carved into the side of the plateau."

"I do mean all your valuables," Hazel continued reading. "Otherwise my turtle and I will destroy you. You have five minutes. P.S., don't even think about using your catapults."