Chapter 3- Building Trust

"What do you mean, 'it's him?'" the voice behind me asked. The puppet glared at me and lowered his hand.

"He's the bear that scared me when I was still alive, along with a few other animatronics that attacked me." he shouted. The hand on my neck tightened, making me gag a little. 

"Listen to me! I don't want to hurt you!" I choked. I wanted to use my night vision to look around, but it slipped from my mind as I heard the puppet's voice again.

"Just kill him. And if the others come, kill them as well." he said. The person behind me hesitated.

"Marionette, he might be telling the truth. He's not even fighting back, and the horrid animatronics that you described earlier explained that they would attack no matter what." the voice suggested. This puppet, called the Marionette, scowled at me.

"Slice open his stomach! I bet he's swallowed a bunch of other little kids, too." he said savagely.

"No, we're not going to do that." the voice muttered behind me. He then leaned towards my ear, and I could hear his rotors. So he was a robot as well.

"I'm going to let you go, alright? Don't try anything funny, or I might just listen to the puppet over there." he murmured. I nodded, trying to remain calm. My rotors were whirring loudly and quickly, I felt panic rise. But he let go of my neck, and I rubbed the back of it, then turned to see who attacked me. 

It was a bear, like me, but much smaller and better-looking. His eyes were completely black with white pupils, and his body was a golden hue. He had a black top hat on and a bow tie to match, and he seemed to have more gentle features than me or the Marionette. He was eyeing me suspiciously, and then folded his arms.

"Well, the Marionette certainly wasn't lying when he said that you looked terrifying..." he pointed out. I just stared at him, then faced the Marionette when I heard him exclaim with anger.

"You let him go?! Why on earth would you do something like that?!" he shouted. The bear just glared at him, his arms still folded.

"Marionette, I think we've misjudged him. He hasn't done anything to anger us so far, and truth to be told, he looks more frightened than angry right now." he said. The bear then walked behind me, and I turned around to see a couple of more animatronics standing there.

One of them was bear too, but his color was a brighter yellow, like Nightmare Fredbear's. His top hat was purple and his bow tie, and he was glaring at me. This was the original Fredbear, the one that the Nightmare version was created from.

Next to him was a taller, thinner rabbit animatronic. His color was as bright as Fredbear's, yet his eyes were green while the bear's was blue. He had a black bow tie on and his ears were twitching a little. He was a lot like Plushtrap, but taller and looked more suspicious than angry at me. He looked at the golden bear.

"He looks frightening." he said. The golden bear looked back at me, and slightly smiled. That gave me a slight bit of reassurance.

"I don't believe that he's here to hurt us, Spring Bonnie. I think he just wants a bit of help." he replied. The rabbit, Spring Bonnie, examined me up and down.

"Well, not the first time I've seen an animatronic covered with holes." he said, almost amused. Fredbear and the golden bear chuckled a little.

"He almost looks like Freddy." Fredbear pointed out. 

"That's because it is Freddy, bear! It's the Nightmare version of Freddy that will tear your limbs apart!" The Marionette suddenly shouted. The golden bear just shot him an angry look, then faced me again.