Chapter 10- Excluded

With nothing happening and no new news on anything, I got bored pretty fast. I hung around, being somewhat lazy as there was nothing for me to do and I was stuck in the spare parts room during the day and walked around at night. The animatronics still didn't trust me too much, but Golden Freddy and Spring Bonnie would talk to me sometimes. They didn't talk about much- but the golden bear would sometimes discuss what my life was prior to living there. I tried to keep details hidden, because telling a ghost child that I killed children for pure enjoyment wasn't exactly on my agenda of things. 

"What exactly happens when you're exposed to sunlight?" he asked. He had approached me earlier that night, discussing things about what I could do or what I should do. Now he was asking me questions that I hardly knew the answers to.

"I have no idea. Nightmare always prevented us from going into the sun for some reason. I never found out why, however, I do feel like I have to hide every time I see the sun come up." I replied. The bear noted this by nodding at me.

"Alright, I'm going to have to study that a bit more closely." he said. I frowned.

"Why are you acting as if I'm some kind of experiment, Golden Freddy?" I questioned. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Well, I want to understand how you work. If I do that, then I might know how Nightmare works and we might be able to find a weak point. The best I have so far is that Nightmare Animatronics loathe the sun, but I think Nightmare might be too cunning if I tried to get him to stare at the sun for too long." he replied, a chuckle coming out afterwards. I was still frowning, not amused by his joke. 

"Nightmare IS too cunning, Golden Freddy. That's what I'm worried about. He might find a way to get through and attack us when we least expect it." I replied.

"But we're always expecting it, my friend. That's the great thing about numbers- someone will most likely see an attack before it even happens." he said. I sighed.

"That's not what happened last time..."I muttered. 

"Last time, you were speaking with that disgusting lump of metal and bone called Springtrap. He distracted you and I bet he's working with Nightmare." the bear suddenly growled. His disdain for Springtrap was probably the worst case of the grudge I had ever seen. And I lived with animatronics that were always angry. However, I couldn't just let him insult the rabbit when he wasn't even here. That, in my opinion, was cowardice. 

"He's not all bad." I said. I quickly beat myself up inside, regretting every word of that sentence as Golden Freddy glared at me. It was definitely the wrong thing to say.

"What? Not all that bad? Maybe you've forgotten, Nightmare Freddy, so in that case, let me remind you. He killed innocent children whose lives will never be reclaimed, he lied to his coworkers for his own safety, he stuffed our bodies into the suits you see now, he tortured Spring Bonnie, he burned down his own home, and then he distracted you from attacking the other Nightmares. He's not all bad? No, he's the worst person ever existing in the world." he snapped, a menacing tone in his voice. I lowered my ears a bit, not really believing his words, but had to lie anyway.

"Yes, of course. I apologize for my tone." I said. The bear sighed and shook his head.

"Nothing against you, Nightmare Freddy. You realized your wrongs, unlike that heathen." he responded. I somehow doubted that. I'd have to ask Spring Bonnie if that was true.

"Golden Freddy, don't you think you're being a bit...harsh on him? I mean, if I managed to realize what I was doing was wrong and felt guilt for it, then wouldn't he as well?" I questioned. I picked my words carefully as I spoke them, making sure that they would give me the upper hand. The yellow bear just looked at me.