Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A/N: This is the last chapter I have saved in my drafts. Hopefully after I finish my Gratsu story I can finish this one and Pastel Punk before I go starting new ones. Enjoy this chapter!! xx 

Nothing happened for over a week; not in the sense that there was a sudden sparsity of exciting things happening, but life had just become a boring replay for Yuu. It's gotten to the point where he wonders why he's not making a rut in the places he walks every day.

Although, the unwarranted detail of Shiori-san breathing down his neck at all hours of the day has been somewhat degrading, but Yuu's been doing his best to carry on like she's not there.

The day was Saturday, meaning Shiori-san would be with him all day - at least during the week he could escape from her watchful eye. Not like he didn't enjoy the maid's company from time to time, but the whole "for your safety" thing becomes an issue when he's trying to bathe or get dressed.

Shiori-san stood at the foot of his bed as he pulled on combat boots. "Alright, Yuichiro-sama, here is your itinerary for the day..." Shiori paused to unravel a small scroll with his schedule printed on it. "As you know, you have your weekly horseback riding in a half hour, then at seven to eleven in the evening you have Hiragi Shinoa-san's birthday celebration."

Shit, Yuu mentally cursed. "That's today?" He asked aloud. In the thick of the chaos of the events previous, it had slipped Yuu's mind to get Shinoa her present.

"Indeed it is, Yuichiro-sama," Shiori-san asked, slightly confused. "Is there some sort of problem?"

Yuu hardly heard her; he was already lost in his thoughts. What was Shinya's advice again? He racked his brain in a state of panic. Jewelry... Diamonds, yes, that's right. He would have to ask his mother about her opinion, knowing it would please her. He came back down to reality, realizing Shiori-san was staring at him with a mix of worry and curiosity.

"No, there's no problem, Shiori-san," Yuu shook his head, standing up. "I'm ready for the horseback riding lesson." That itself was a total lie, considering Yuu dreaded riding lessons. His horse, Chi, a present on his fifteenth birthday, hated him since day one. No matter how much he fed her sugar cubes, brushed her fur, or brought fresh apples from the apple tree in the garden, she still seemed to loathe his presence. Unfortunately, he didn't have much of a choice in the activities he did. His parents wanted him to be the most well-rounded student, to be the fresh, charismatic face of the kingdom, and to follow in their footsteps as a perfect Ichinose.

"Alright, Yuichiro-sama, I shall be directing you to the stables now," Shiori bowed her head out of respect and opened the bedroom door for him.

"Thank you, Shiori-san."

"It's my pleasure, Yuichiro-sama."

"You know, Shiori-san," Yuu smiled at her, "Just Yuu is alright with me."

"Of course, Yui- er, Yuu." Shiori-san's cheeks burned with embarrassment, and she turned her head to hide her profile as they headed down the hall.

Yuu always remembered to thank Shiori-san, even for the smallest of things. Besides Shinya, Shiori was the one who bothered to consider his feelings. He trusted her like he should a parent, as she has been there by his side for longer than he can remember. He will never forget to say thank you, even if it's not necessary, because he never wanted her to forget his gratitude.

It was the least he could do.

- - - -

Horseback riding lessons were, in short, a disaster.