Chapter Seventeen

*Olly's P.O.V* - 13th February 2014 (Graphic content some parts may be upsetting to readers these parts will be in between sets of asterisks)

It was about 2 in the morning when I heard y/n in the room calling my name whilst I was making a tea. Jasmine was sleeping at mums house due to y/n's due date being round the corner. I ran upstairs to y/n having contractions. I helped her down the stairs and drove her to the hospital. I was panicking because she was early I knew it was normal for this to happen but everything goes crazy when it happens... We got rushed to a room and they did an ultra sound, the babies heart was declining...

*****************************************

They decided it would be best to rush y/n in for an emergency C-section. When she found out she was upset, she started to cry, I tried my best to reassure her although I was panicking myself. I got a theatre gown on and held y/n's hand as we walked down. While in there, I held her hand and kissed her forehead making sure she never felt panic. Before we knew it, we hear our little boy cry. I was so relieved. We went back to the room.

*****************************************

While in the room we decided on calling him Daniel, we both loved the name and y/n's mum came to visit. She had a cuddle and I went to see Jasmine, she wasn't allowed to see Daniel yet because he was a little bit poorly. I went to talk to her and showed them pictures. I explained to Jasmine that he was poorly so she couldn't see him just yet but she wasn't too bothered, she was enjoying herself at my mums. Jasmine was 1 year and 3 months and she started nursery in a year! I couldn't believe how fast she had grew up! I couldn't believe my fourth album was getting released this year! My life felt perfect. I stopped for a brew when I got a call of y/n's mum.... "Olly, get to the hospital as fast as you can, Y/n's been moved to room 12 it's a single room just get here as fat as you can." I said bye to everyone and got there as fast as I could. It was rush hour traffic and the hospital was a 15 minute walk from where my mum lived, I had put weight on over Christmas but I needed to get there as fast as I could. I left my jacket at my mums and ran, I ran up the stairs "Mr. Murs here for Mrs. Murs..." I said into the telecom box, they let me in and I ran into the room, I saw Daniel and y/n and her mum.

******************************************

I expected Daniel to be in y/n's arms but instead, he was in an incubator... I was so upset. I didn't know what to do, I was confused. I walked out into the corridor and tears welled in my eyes. A nurse came across and took me to a room, she sat me down and I had a drink of water. "Are you ok Mr. Murs?" She asked as she saw my hands shake, I shook my head. "What's wrong?" She asked soothingly, I took a deep breath. "You know that show, One Born every minute?" She nodded. "Well, me and my wife watch that and we always see babies in incubators, and you can't help but sympathise for the people, walking in that room and seeing my little boy in one of them knowing I can't help him and he's in your hands breaks my heart. I can't help my little boy..." I looked to the floor. "Listen Mr.Murs, this happened to me with my first born, It's horrible but you have a wife who's going through the same emotions as you, you have to support each other, we do everything we can to help you... If you ever need anything ask us, just go support your wife, she needs you now." I nodded my head and walked out I saw y/n looking for me. "Y/n, I'm so sorry, it all just got on top of me, but I'm not going anywhere I'm here to help you through this, he'll be alright, I know it..."  I hugged her and we went in the room. Y/n's mum left, I washed my hands and stroked his hand.

******************************************

They let me have a cuddle and I held him so cautiously, he was so fragile, so weak, but I knew he would he would get better, he was going to be our little fighter. He was put back in the incubator and y/n had fell asleep, I couldn't sleep so I asked if they had a notebook and a pen at the desk, they gave me one and I sat next to Daniel and started to write...

" Thought I had nothing to lose,thought I had nothing to prove to you,and I wasted all this time, I'm sorry,funny only now I know it's true,baby, I got nothing without you..." Just as I finished writing the song, the nurse walked in. "Hello, Mr. Murs can I have a word?" We walked outside. "Daniel is ready to sleep in a regular cot, we can transfer him not our wait until y/n is up?"  I thought and told them to transfer it now as it would be a nice surprise when she woke up. Once he was in a regular cot, my mind was set to rest. When she woke up, she had the biggest smile on her face, she saw the normal cot and me holding Daniel in my arms, no wires attached just our little boy. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and passed him to her. She kissed his forehead before noticing a notepad on the chair, "Writing more songs?"  I nodded, "2, nothing without you and let me in." She grabbed the book after putting Daniel in the cot and read them, she liked them and we kissed.. The perfect day!