13: First Day

My alarm clock went off, it was a not-so-nice reminder that I had to get up for *shudder* voice actingclass. My weekend had consisted of sulking in my room, trying to avoid my Mom after our huge fight, and avoiding Facebook altogether.

I'd only gotten on once more after my laptop was snatched away from me- just part of a whole strand of disastrous results to occur- and I'd done that by sneaking online when Mom was in the shower.

I'm officially grounded, so I can't talk. See you...soon. Hopefully.I'd sent to Shane, and he'd responded as I'd expected he would.

Damn. Sorry. See you when you're out of your handcuffs!

I knew he was trying to make me feel better about the whole thing, or, rather, make Xaviera feel better, and despite all the crap that had just happened, it had. I actually felt...glad that he felt bad. That he had some sympathy for Xaviera. Like he'd miss her.

Of course he should- they were friends now. Right?

I contemplated just laying there, but, a sharp rap came against my door. The door I was being forced to keep unlocked.

 "Sophia. Don't you dare sleep through your first day!  Get up and get going so you're not late."

" I have a ride Mom. Just worry about getting yourself to work." She groaned.

I sighed, knowing, in a teensy way, I deserved this. It wasn't right, or normal, for me to explode at my Mother. And I shouldn't be all shocked that she was responding the same way to me. It would all blow over, sooner or later. Shrugging to myself, I closed my eyes until I heard her car start out front. Then, I got up and got ready for the first day of hell.

                                                              ******

Claire decided to drive Marco and me to voice-acting classes instead of going by herself. I figured she would have brought Marco, anyway, and just invited me along so I wouldn't have to ride with my Mom. She'd taken my car away, too, World War III last night, so I was going to be stuck at home. Xaviera thought that was wonderful, but what if Sophia actually wanted a life?

"Why are you going here again, Claire?" I muttered, kind of pissed that while I was pouting in the backseat, Marco was shotgun, with his hand intertwined with Claire's in on the center console. He also had the seat as far back as it would go, so it was extremely cramped. I didn't have a choice to sit behind the driver's side, either, because of all Claire's shit she had piling up. Sweatpants, McDonald's bags, Church Pamphlets and a plethora of other things.

She looked at me in the mirror, sensing my brooding. Flashing me a grin, she said, "Same reason as you."

"Your mom forced you to come?" I said incredulously. 

"Alana did. I meant that we both were forced." She clarified. Marco groaned beside her.

"Don't forget that Claire also forced me, so we're all prisoners in this car, aren't we?" He muttered sarcastically.

Ever since Marco's stupid attempt to exclude me from the group on Facebook, I found him extremely annoying. Everything he said made me want to drop-kick him, but I was decent to him, for Claire's sake. Once again, I felt Xaviera's presence lingering, and she was trying to convince me to just kick him below the belt as hard as I could.

"So, I hear Shane's talking to a new girl." Marco said, "She's from a neighboring town." He said, more to Claire, as if he forgot I existed. That was how he viewed it anyway, I think.