Chapter 6 - Dave Monde

Jordan and I were silent as we rode his car to Dave Monde's party. All the other cast and crew rode another car so it's just me and Jordan.

"Saan ba yung party?"

"At his condo at BGC."

"Oh."

Medyo nabusy siya sa pagddrive and soon nagpaplay siya ng music sa radio.

"So. Paano kayo naging bestfriends ni Dave?"

Lumingon siya sa akin for a while. Tapos napangiti siya as he remembers how they met.

"Well first we met at VAVU. He was auditioning to be a talent and I was trying out for VAVU records. We sat beside each other and next thing I know we were the best of friends."

"Oh. That's nice."

"Well. Not always. We had some fights here and there."

"Talaga?"

"Well. Yeah.... Umm this is kind of personal but I think it's okay if you find out. But we had eyes for the same girl. But she chose him."

Napafreeze ako.

"Nag agawan kayo kay Kate Mondarte?"

Medyo napasigaw ako dun. The gorgeous Kate Mondarte. Model ng bayan.

"Yep. Pero it was a fair contest. They deserved each other."

"Pero break na sila ah."

"Yep."

"And you're not coming after her."

Tumawa siya.

"Wala na akong feelings para kay Kate. And I couldn't do that to Dave."

Wow he's a good friend.

Sobrang shocking lang na ngayon ko lang 'to nalaman. Or hindi lang talaga ganun kasikat si Jordan noon na hindi nabalita ang detail na nag agawan sila kay Kate.

Tahimik na ako the rest of the trip hanggang nakarating na kami sa condo ni Dave. Nakisama na kami sa cast and crew habang paakyat kami to his condo room. Pagdating namin sobrang dami nang tao. Artista here and there. Millionaires' heirs here and there. At sobrang ganda ng condo. Tapos sobrang laki.

Naglalakad kami around until we found Dave. Mastarstruck ako. Sobrang fan talaga ako. Naka rolled up long sleeves siya and he was smiling as he walked towards us. Nag hug sila ni Jordan.

"Pare. I'm so glad you caught up here."

"What are you talking about I wouldn't miss it for the world. Happy birthday bro."

Nag weird handshake sila and he turned to look at me.

"This must be your leading lady. Welcome!"

He shakes my hand and I try to keep my cool. *fangirl inside screams*

"You must be Noreen."

"And you're Dave. Happy Birthday Dave."

"Thank you so much. Please enjoy yourselves. Get as much food and drinks as you can."

"No problem."

Medyo gutom na din ako.

Sobrang saya ko lang na nameet ko siya. At sobrang gulat ako na he knew my name. Baka namention ako ni Jordan sa kanya.

Medyo na uncomfortable nga lang ako kasi hindi ko kaclose yung mga tao. It's as if I didn't fit in. The newbie artist in the sea of superstars and elites. But just before I could panic Dave was going towards me from his barkada bringing a plate of tarts and other sweets.