Chapter 16 - Amazing

Jordan's POV

I drive my car back to the apartment with Mang Domi, my neighbor. He's been helping me and my dad ever since we moved here in Manila.

"Thank you so much, Mang Domi. The best ka talaga."

"Nako, ano ka ba, parang anak na din kita."

I smiled and we bumped fists.

"O siya. Buti pa magsiuwian na tayo at matulog na."

He removes his seatbelt and climbs off the car. "Bilisan mo na at may naghihintay pa sa iyo."

I let off a chuckle. He must have seen us while we were getting in the apartment. Surprised he didn't ask about her while we were fixing the car.

"I'll explain tomorrow Mang Domi. Good night!"

He waves me goodbye and went off. I got off my car too. Thankful to be home after a long day. Noreen's probably asleep by now.

I reach out for the door and heard her talking. Who's she talking to? Is she calling Penny?

"Noreen?"

That's Dave, and I'm still at the door eavesdropping.

"O?"

"Pwede ba kitang ligawan?"

I don't know why but those words made me rush inside and what I found was Dave lying on my living room looking so drunk and Noreen beside him with her face looking shocked.

I rushed to Dave. "What happened?"

"Jordan! Andito ka na pala. Nalasing siya at pumunta dito."

I picked Dave up and he reeks of alcohol. Noreen helped me out and picked him up from the other side. We walked to my room and lay him down there.

"I'll take care of this. You go get some sleep." I looked at Noreen and I only then realized that she's wearing the pajamas I gave her and she looked exhausted and so she just nodded and went out of the room.

I concentrated on Dave now. I bet he's doing this again because he caught his dad cheating on his mom again. That kind of stuff really messes him up because he loves his family so much that he never tells his mom what's going on with the fear of their family falling apart.

"You're unbelievable, pare."

"Noreen."

I let out a sigh.

It all started the night of the birthday party, and being his best friend, I know Dave. I know when he likes a girl or not. Later that night he kept on texting me about Noreen; if I had let her home safely. Since then she's all she could think or talk about.

Now he has asked her if he could court her.

I changed into my pajamas and went straight to bed. I had to try hard to not get my mind off of Noreen and Dave together. I don't even know why it's bothering me so much.

**********

The next morning I woke up at 6 am and Dave was still asleep.

I walked out of the room to see Noreen helping herself out with coffee.

She sees me and smiles. "Hey."

"Hey back." She looks so good for a girl who just woke up.

"Gusto niyo ba ng kape? I made two extra cups."

"Sure, thanks. I'll give this to him right now." I grab the two cups and went inside my room again. I put both cups on the table and went over to wake him up.