[5]

I can see my mother as she prepares her things for her business trip to Macau. She is leaving for maybe a couple of weeks. I tried to talk to her.

"Mama! Makakauwi ka ba ng mas maaga?"

"No honey, I'm so sorry, I can't leave my work there. Andyan naman sina yaya to look after you."

"But mama, ahm.. ah. ma."

"I'm sorry baby, promise babawi si Mommy."

 ---------------------

---------PHOTO OF AKIHIRO SENSHI :)

---------------------

"Okay. I love you mama."

"Okay, take care sweetie." That's what she said without even looking back. Then she went out of the room accompanied by the maids. 

A few moments later, I opened the television. I saw my father on a footage as he is delivering a speech on a convention in Africa. He has been there for one month, trying to study the best possibility of coffeee growth and production in that place. It's been a while since we last talked. It's also been a long time since I've seen my mother and father together. It's been forever since the last time I feel like I have a family.

"Panny, do you promise not to leave me?" I said while holding my stuffed toy panda given my father years ago. As if it's going to answer me. But as long as this toy is with me, I don't feel that alone, maybe because my father gave it to me. It is actually a gift for my fourth birthday and since then, I loved it, treasured it, took care of it. It's been two years since that day, the last time my father personally handed me a gift for my birthday. And now, now that I'm turning six in just a couple of days, my father and mother were both not around. I bet they forgot that it is their only child's birthday.

I wish I have a brother or a sister. Or at least a friend. Someone whom I can tell my feelings to. While other children were occupied with playing, here I am, consumed with the idea of my parents not giving importance to me. 

I am not demanding anything. Just at least stay for my birthday. Just one day make me feel loved. Make me feel safe. Make me feel happy.

Nobody notices me. Nobody makes me feel I exist. My parents, they would probably send me tons of gifts once they realize it's my birthday. But what's the sense of material things when you don't feel the love.