chapter 18

Being in the car with Jayy and Kyle at the same time was really awkward. It shouldn't have been considering Jayy was my best friend and Kyle was my boyfriend, but it was and I guess that is all that counts. Kyle was driving and Jayy was staring out the window drumming his fingers on his lap while I sat uncomfortably in the middle.

"So" I said, dragging on the word to start up a conversation.

Kyle glanced at me and smiled, putting his attention back to the road after a few seconds. "Something on your mind?" He asked.

I thought about my answer as Jayy turned his head to look at me. I looked at him and he narrowed his eyes slightly, shaking his head so that only I could notice. "Um," I started. "No not really at the moment. I was just trying to start up conversa-"

"Do you like it here?" Jayy interrupted. "I mean, with us. Do you like it?"

I looked at Jayy in confusion. "Do I like it here?" I asked.

Jayy looked at me and nodded. "I just wanted to know. Like what if you got your memory back or something, and we didn't mean as much to you anymore?" He looked down and then back to me with sadness in his eyes. "What if you have a boyfriend?"

I gasped quietly and turned to see that Kyle's grip had tightened on the steering wheel. I looked up to his face but he had turned blank of any emotion.

"What if you have a boyfriend Mary?" Kyle asked. Though his face was blank I could hear slight sadness in his voice. I looked down to my hands on my lap and thought. What if I did have a boyfriend? What would I do if I got my memory back? What would happen to me and Kyle? Through the corner of my eye I could see Kyle looking at me, but I stayed silent. I heard him scoff as he looked back to the road.

The rest of the car ride was silent.

__

_

When we arrived at where the concert would be my spirits started to lift. Maybe the concert will be a lot better than the car ride here. I shifted in my seat and waited for Jayy to get out, but he didn't move. Instead he looked out the front window and smiled. 

"Come one Jayy get out" I said as I playfully pushed on his arm. He still didn't get out. He looked down at me and smiled widely. 

"Don't you know where we are Mary?" He asked clearly excited. 

I looked at him confused and then turned to Kyle. "No?"

Kyle looked at me and smiled. "This is where we found you."

I smiled and looked back and forth between both of them. "Are you guys serious?!"

Jayy nodded, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Yep. It was weird. You were running without looking ahead and just as we turned the corner; you smacked right into me."

I frowned. "Do you know what I was running from?"

"Not a clue" Kyle said. "You just hit Jayy and went out. We called out to see if anyone was here with you, but no one knew anything." 

I stayed silent. Wow, that was kind of a let down. Was I there alone? Why didn't I have any ID or wallet or anything? "Are you okay?" Kyle asked, rubbing circles on my back.

I nodded yes. It wasn't exactly true. I wasn't okay. In fact I felt really bad right now, but I couldn't get in the way of the concert tonight. 

Kyle's POV

____----------____

Mary nodded yes, but kept her eyes on her lap. She wasn't okay, but I didn't want to push her right now. We could talk later when we were home. I pulled out my phone and checked the time; we should be heading in soon.