chapter 6

Roses. I smelt roses, the best scent to wake up to. Wake up? Was I sleeping? I don't remember going to bed.

I opened my eyes slowly, the sun through the nearest window shining into them making me blink rapidly before putting a hand up to block it. I was in my bed, I didn't know how I got there, but it didn't bother me at the time. I pulled off the covers and got out of bed, walking to my bathroom.

After stepping in, I used the toilet and then walked over to the sink to wash my hands. When I looked into the mirror I froze, my hair was different colors, blue and pink. I stopped to think of what had happened last night, it wasn't a dream. My hair was different colors and I really had a home! I finished up in the bathroom and then started walking towards downstairs. Where was the rose smell coming from? I coudn't figure it out until I reached the stairs and saw a trail of rose petals, I leaned over the rail and saw that the roses went into the kitchen.

A smile came onto my face as I rolled my eyes and headed down. When in the kitchen, I looked to the table and saw a bowl of ice cream and a note. I picked it up and read it silently.

Dear Mary,

                Something came up and we had to go to work early, we hope you can find un-educated things to do while we are gone and that you will completely trash the place.

I stopped and thought, was I reading this right? I reread the first portion over and over but then just shrugged it off and continued to read.

              Also while we are gone, there are only two rules.

I rolled my eyes, this ought to be good.

            Rule number one, is that by no circumstances are you to eat all the candy in the candy in the candy stash. So remember, do not go near the candy stash in Jayy's bedroom under his bed. Wink, wink. Rule number two, is -and this is very important- do whatever the hell you want. :)

                                                                                                                                               --- Kyle and Jayy

Ps. Jayy doesn't know about the candy, and your stuff is in your make over room.

I sighed, what to do now. I made a mental list of things to do in my head, I knew that one of the things to do was go swimming again. Although I still didn't have a bathing suit, I probably could get my hands on a pair of Jayy's shorts, I bet I could. Another thing I was gonna do is look through my "stuff" that was mentioned in the letter. And I might even take a walk and explore. Today was going to be fun and when the boys got back, I could even have dinner for them or something.

After much thought and consideration, I decided upon going swimming first. So I went upstairs and into my room, I didn't feel like wearing a shirt while swimming, so I was just going to use my bra, and for the bottoms I would use Jayy's shorts -and my underwear of course-.

***

Now down the stairs by the lake, I stretched and then laid out a towel in the grass. I had managed to get a pair of Jayy's shorts and they were surprisingly comfortably, I hope these weren't his favorites cause they were mine now. I stepped into the water and then walked until the water reached my waist making the shorts blow up big. I let out a small laugh as I pushed them down and started swimming.

After doggie-paddling in circles for a while, I flipped over and floated on my back and floated, closing my eyes to think. I wondered where Jayy and Kyle worked, they never did tell me and I kinda wanted to get a job if I was going to be living here. I wonder if they work as like hair designers, or maybe-"Ooph! Something hard landed on my stomach, making me sink and get water in my nose. I don't think I've ever had water up there before, but it hurt like hell.