Chapter 1

I walked into a huge drawing room. Sitting at that table, in the middle of the room, was the Queen of my home country. She was a beautiful woman. She had long, silky brown hair and blue eyes. I walked in and when I closed the squeaky door the queen spoke to me, "Ah Conan you made it. I'm so glad. Please have a seat"

I sat down in the royal looking seat next to her. She poured me some tea and we sat in silence for a moment. But only a moment. Then with her soft voice she said, "Thanks for coming you are early, but not to worry only by a few minutes. We will have to wait until the others to arrive then we may begin"

"Other...? Begin...? I didn't get-"

I was interrupted by the squeaky door. Four people walked in. They were all talking with each other. Well two were bickering and the other two we talking. They were all very beautiful. There was a blue haired crimson eyed male mage, an emerald eyed male elf, an orange haired blue eyed swordsmen and women who had the same silky brown hair and blue eyes. I would have assume she was the princess, but I assume nothing.

They all sat down around the queen and the she once again spoke in a soft tone, "Now that you are all here, my daughter [she gestured to the only other girl in the room] has requested to go after the life stone which has been stolen from us by king of our neighboring country. Now her being the Princess I cannot allow her to go alone so I have gathered you, this country's best mage, swordsman and archer. You will be assisting my daughter on this quest. So if you will get your stuff ready for the job then by tomorrow at dawn the five of you-"

The mage stood up quickly. He slammed hands on the table in front of him, "FIVE? There is only four of us! Wait are you saying there is someone else coming? If so why are you telling just the four of us?"

"Ray, please sit down! Let my mother explain before you jump up!" the women pulled down 'Ray'.

I wanted to say something to let them know that I was there because they had not seen me yet but the Queen reviled me to the other four in the room

"Him? HIM? He is the other person going with us to retrieve the stone?" the elf said coldly.

"Yes, Lucia." She paused then continued, "Oh I am so sorry I must introduce you all. The mage is Ray. The swordsman is Ethan. The elf is Lucia and the woman is my daughter, Eki. You four, this is Conan."

"If you have the top three worriers, why do you need that pathetic, weak peasant like him to come with us?" Ray asked with a hint of anger.

"RAY! STOP BEING RUDE" Princess Eki demanded.

"Get your stuff ready to leave, pack lightly, then come back to the palace and get a good nights rest here. Good luck brave knights" The she got up and walked out of the room without looking back.