Chapter 4

When we got to the village we check into an inn and Ethan was brought to a doctor. Everyone chatted with the doctor then headed backed to the two rooms that we are renting. I stayed with Ethan. We were talking while he was being treated. I was pretty much crying at his side. I bowed really low, "Ethan I am so sorry! It was my fault you got hurt if only I were to have taken out the tiger sooner"

"Conan! It's all right. Just a minor setback. I'm still alive and you saved my life. Without you on this quest we wouldn't all be here today, we'd still be at the riverbed or even farther back." He was trying to make me stop crying. He was about touch my back when he had fainted.

Then the doctor told me, "Don't worry he is just fainted. He was probably just tried from the blood lost. Since this fellow won't be fit for travel for at least a day you all should go to the Festival of Time."

"Festival of Time?"

"Yeah it's a four day festival where we celebrate creation and life, actually it the end of the festival. It ends tomorrow with a brawl. Any man can enter. The winner gets too met with King James. You should enter, you and your friends all look like good fighter that would make a great audients with the King. Besides its very interesting to participate in."

"Wait King James will be there?"

"Yes Sir"

I ran up the stairs, after thanking the doctor, to the room where Lucia and Ray were, "We are staying here for the Festival of Time. We are going to enter the bawl tomorrow and we will need to win."

"What why?" Ray asked with a rude tone.

"Winner gets and audients with King James"

"You mean the King James that stole the life stone? The one that we are trying to retrieve?"

"Yes Ray! We need to do this."

"Okay so you are a weak know-it-all peasant who can killed a deadly sand tigers and preformed medical treatment on someone, is now telling us we need to fight in a brawl?"

"I'm sorry Ray if I am inconveniencing you"

Just then Eki walked into the room without even knocking, "I have heard everything you three have been talking about, Ray I think that we should listen to Conan. He knows what he is talking about"

The other two looked shocked, "You can't fight and neither can Ethan or Conan."

"I CAN FIGHT! CONAN CAN TO! WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE FIGHTING WITH US AS WE CAN GET! WE NEED THIS METTING WITH KING JAMES! Don't you want to go back home?"

"Yes but you're a girl. You can't fight"

"You know I can fight. I would just need a disguise. I'm not helpless Ray!"

"Still I don't think it's a good idea"

"Ray stop acting like you are all powerful and take the chance. Trust your companions and let Eki and I fight."

Ray froze at my words. Lucia finally spoke up and said, "Ray, Conan and Eki are right. This is a chance to cut the quest short. We won't have to travel all the way out of the country."

Ray growled then got under the covers.

"TODAY WE ARE HAVING A BRAWL FOR THE END OF OUR YEARLY FESTIVAL OF TIME" we heard the announcer as we walked into the arena. He started to say all the rule and the prizes for the top two winners.

Ray versus a solder

Lucia versus a villager

Eki versus another villager