Chapter 10

The sun rose and I had gotten up. I was careful not to wake up Ethan. He was sleeping soundly. I sat in the chair in the corner and started to read. I hadn't gotten any sleep last night. After a while of reading I drifted off to sleep.

"He looks so peaceful. How long has he been sleeping there?"

"I don't know Lucia. We should wake him though. It's time to eat. We gotta build up our strength. Conan is one of the strongest people with us so he needs to eat."

Lucia and Ethan were talking about me as I was sleeping. Heavy footsteps came towards me. Someone started to shake me. They called my name.

"I'm up" I jumped out of the chair, "What time is it?" I looked out the window, few hours before dark, "We need to eat. It's almost time."

We just finished eating when Ray said, "Okay guys. Let's get suited up and ready to fight."

We all stood up and put on our armor. Then we walked out the front door. We were walking in the direction of the castle.

"Eki you ready?'

"Yes Conan"

"Ray?"

"Yep"

"Lucia?"

"Yep"

"Ethan?"

"Yep, what about you?"

"Yep." There was a long silence, "Let's go"

We walked to King James castle. The plan is to take the castle from all sides. Eki and Ray took the back. Lucia went west. Ethan in the east and I had the front.

I walked right through the front door. There were guards there at the door.

"What are you doing here this later at night peasant?"

I fell to the floor, "Take me to your king. I must speak with him right away."

"Why should we take you to our king?'

"It's a matter that only the king himself can hear. It's very top secret."

"Okay then. Stand up."

I stood up and walked with the guards. We walked to the throne room and King James was sitting there and his mage by his side.

"You're Majesty; someone is here to see you."

"Send him in."

"Yes sir." The guard pushed me in and closed the door.

"You came to speak with me?"

"Yes King James. I want to speak with you about the stone of life.

"The stone of what?"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?" Maria's, his mage, voice boomed in the room.

"Wait. Now I get it. Maria has been lying to you James. She came into my land and stole the stone. It's our lands life source."

"Maria, what is the meaning of this?"

"HE IS LYING TO YOU SO WHY BELIEVE HIM!"

"Is it true you are lying to me?"

"Not about the stone"

"Once you stop lying to him, I'll tell him the truth."

"Okay Maria. I will tell him the truth."

"But first, disarm yourself." I untied my armor and throw it to the ground. I took of my boots, my cape, and I set my bow down. I was left with my shirt and shorts, "Good, it that everything?"

"Yes"

"Now revile yourself"

"Okay" tear started to pour down my face for once I tell my serect, there was no turning back.. I put my hand on my head and pulled my hair. It came off for it was a wig. When I pulled it off my long black hair flowed from my head.

"Is that it? You have long hair?"

"No, that's not all" I was now sobbing

"What's your name?"

"Conan, sir"

"Okay, Conan, if you don't want to continue torturing yourself but doing this, you don't have to. You have proved that you are serious about getting this so called life stone."

"NO I HAVE TO DO THIS!" when I yelled this Ethan opened the door the others were right behind him. They didn't say anything, they just stood there watching. I didn't know they were there.

I started to unbutton my shirt.